Lost lease because of Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost lease because of Alcohol

I have been very quite since I lost my lease on Jan 18th of this year. I had been on this lease for 4 years and did above and beyond to make this a better ranch. Fixing fences, filling feeders (landowners job) and so on and so forth. I killed the 2 biggest deer of my life (with a bow) on this ranch and yes its high fence. A 171" inch deer and last year a 280". I let the alcohol take over and became someone I never thought I would be...A alcoholic. The day I was asked to leave Jan 18 hurt more than I can say and since that day I have not had 1 drop of any kind of alcohol and have become the person I used to be. I have become a better husband, father, and friend to the ones I hurt. This is the first year since 1998 I have not been on a lease. With the season starting tomorrow just getting to me I will not be sitting in a blind. Sorry for the post just have not really talked about it and with everyone here having the same passion for the outdoors as I do just wanted to let it out. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Roy

Congratulations Roy.
    Good post.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, there are a lot tougher ways to come to grips with alcoholism than losing a lease! Congrats on turning everything around and keep going in the right direction! Best wishes.

Now lets see the 280"!

Comment

Praise God for your sobriety. That is the biggest victory of all. The hunting will come back. Good luck taking it one day at a time.

Comment

Knowing we have a challenge and accepting it is the first stage of repair, knowing you have already quit drinking shows your sincerity about it. Losing the lease is tough, but you could have lost much much more. Prayers for you for strength, understanding and coping, for the power to overcome the alcohol. I pray for those around you, to support you! Best wishes, God Bless!

Comment

1st step is the hardest
            Welcome to the program

9th step promise
            “” We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.””

Comment

Tough love is necessary sometimes and I'm thankful you took appropriate action to get your life on the right track. I pray you continue and can some day help others in the same situation.

Comment

Good for you. NOTHING bad comes from not drinking. If you ever need to talk, on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Put the extra time into your kids.

Comment

Hope they let you back in - one day

Be proud of yourself for the step you have taken

DWC

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                      Praise God for your sobriety. That is the biggest victory of all. The hunting will come back. Good luck taking it one day at a time.

This. Your life will be much better without alcohol dependence in it.

Congrats.

It’s just a deer lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's tough to read, but also encouraging that the problem has been acknowledged and is being dealt with. Prayers for your continued sobriety and for finding another good lease!

Comment

Addiction is bad and take it 1 day at a time and its been over 25+ years drug free for me. Your recovery started the day when you admitted to yourself that you have a problem and want to do something about it. Mind over matter. Know what's most important to you "Family". Good job. Get high on life! When you get that lease, the next time you're walking into your blind early morning, look up to the stars and heaven before the sun comes up at that point, count your blessings and be grateful you are living to see another sunrise. Good hunting amigo...

Comment

I’ve been sober for 11 years now...and my passion for the outdoors came roaring back. My alcoholism cost me much more than a deer lease, so count it as a blessing that losing the lease brought you to the realization that you needed to make a change. There will be other leases, but I do feel for you on not being in a lease tomorrow. I’m in Colorado helping my in-laws pack up their house that they sold and close on Monday. But if I’m missing season opener, I couldn’t ask for a better place to be. I’ve seen 35+ turkey, 150+ mule deer, and a handful of other critters this week. Haven’t seen any elk, other than in Chama, New Mexico on the drive up.

A huge congratulations on the sobriety! Take it one day at a time during this new season of struggle from the lack of a deer lease. And never forget the feeling you felt in January...it will be a reminder of how life can be when you lose control to addictions, and will fuel the fight within to be a better man

Comment

Congrats to you!!! Leases come and go. Looks like you accomplished a whole lot more than killing a big deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X