No announcement yet.

Lost lease because of Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH thank you. I have been on here a while and have nothing but great things about it. Thank you all for such awesome feedback. I don't even crave it and will never go back to that old me.

Comment

Congrats to you!!

Comment

God works in mysterious ways, just be glad you figured it out before it was too late. I've got 14 years and have seen those that didn't get it in time. You'll have plenty of opportunities soon just trust in God and work on yourself. It may be that your not ready for a hunting camp just yet be patient.

Comment

Congrats and Prayers up!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter911 View Post
            I have been very quite since I lost my lease on Jan 18th of this year. I had been on this lease for 4 years and did above and beyond to make this a better ranch. Fixing fences, filling feeders (landowners job) and so on and so forth. I killed the 2 biggest deer of my life (with a bow) on this ranch and yes its high fence. A 171" inch deer and last year a 280". I let the alcohol take over and became someone I never thought I would be...A alcoholic. The day I was asked to leave Jan 18 hurt more than I can say and since that day I have not had 1 drop of any kind of alcohol and have become the person I used to be. I have become a better husband, father, and friend to the ones I hurt. This is the first year since 1998 I have not been on a lease. With the season starting tomorrow just getting to me I will not be sitting in a blind. Sorry for the post just have not really talked about it and with everyone here having the same passion for the outdoors as I do just wanted to let it out. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Roy
            Prayers of strength for YOU! I don't know you personally, but I'm proud of
            you! Alcoholism is a terrible disease to go through on both the alcoholic's
            side as well as on the side of those that love you. My brother lost his wife
            to alcoholism just a few years ago leaving him with 2 sons to raise. I think
            about that almost everyday. Keep pushing and if you need someone to reach
            out to, I'm here for you.

Todd

Comment

Congrats! One day at a time, my friend!

Comment

Just celebrated 1yr of sobriety on 9/18/20

Keep it up.

Comment

Huge accomplishment! If you ever thought about heading north of the Red River give me a call! I will take you hunting!

Comment

first and foremost, congrats on being sober TODAY ... you have to live the program one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow, focus on the now.

Since I'm an optimist, I'll spin this story a different way

Negative:
                    - you were kicked out of a lease because of your selfish behavior and continuing to act like a drunk idiot. (not taking personal shots at you, as there's a high probability that you were the classic Jekyll and Hyde drunk). People hated being around you because you were truly intolerable.

Positives:
                    - you ONLY lost a lease, and didn't lose your wife, kids, house, and/or career
                    - you likely found GOD or a higher power that has been there the entire time. You just never accepted him into your life.
                    - the deer lease is materialistic and can be replaced by other leases
                    - your wife and kids got their real husband & father back
                    - everything happens for a reason and GOD had a plan for you the whole time
                    - your priorities have changed from hunting, hunting, hunting to GOD and family first

As a fellow alcoholic (and drug addict), I truly believe getting kicked out of the lease was the greatest thing that ever happened to you. Essentially, it saved your life and marriage. I've been sober for 32 years, and still pray the Serenity Prayer daily and have to live one day at a time. It gets easier but NEVER forget your past.

Next time you're in the deer stand, duck blind, or boat fishing.... you will have an epiphany or special moment when you realize GOD gave you a second chance on life and being sober is something to be proud of.

Comment

I hate that you lost your lease but thankful that it lead to you getting sober. There will be other places to hunt and you'll be able to appreciate it that much more with a clear mind. I'm thankful to God that this month is 10 years since I quit drinking. Life is much sweeter without dependence on a substance.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Man, there are a lot tougher ways to come to grips with alcoholism than losing a lease! Congrats on turning everything around and keep going in the right direction! Best wishes.

Now lets see the 280"!
                        Came in to say this. Congrats on getting sober and congrats on the triggering event being only that what it was.

Comment

Man, I appreciate seeing you guys come out of something like that. My hat is off to the men who can accept and acknowledge their imperfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            first and foremost, congrats on being sober TODAY ... you have to live the program one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow, focus on the now.

Since I'm an optimist, I'll spin this story a different way

Negative:
                            - you were kicked out of a lease because of your selfish behavior and continuing to act like a drunk idiot. (not taking personal shots at you, as there's a high probability that you were the classic Jekyll and Hyde drunk). People hated being around you because you were truly intolerable.

Positives:
                            - you ONLY lost a lease, and didn't lose your wife, kids, house, and/or career
                            - you likely found GOD or a higher power that has been there the entire time. You just never accepted him into your life.
                            - the deer lease is materialistic and can be replaced by other leases
                            - your wife and kids got their real husband & father back
                            - everything happens for a reason and GOD had a plan for you the whole time
                            - your priorities have changed from hunting, hunting, hunting to GOD and family first

As a fellow alcoholic (and drug addict), I truly believe getting kicked out of the lease was the greatest thing that ever happened to you. Essentially, it saved your life and marriage. I've been sober for 32 years, and still pray the Serenity Prayer daily and have to live one day at a time. It gets easier but NEVER forget your past.

Next time you're in the deer stand, duck blind, or boat fishing.... you will have an epiphany or special moment when you realize GOD gave you a second chance on life and being sober is something to be proud of.

100% agree. I an truly blessed that I am where I am today!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                              Huge accomplishment! If you ever thought about heading north of the Red River give me a call! I will take you hunting!
                              I would love to take you up on that if it works out. I have traveled all over the state hunting just not made it up that way. Again thanks for the kind words

Comment

My best friend in the world is having open heart bypass surgery today. He got his 40 yr chip in July. Been with him the entire ride. It is a decision you can be proud of. Congrats on making the decision to change your life. There will be another deer lease. Great post sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X