Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats man!

Comment

You are one of the lucky ones! Losing hunting rights is one thing but losing the love of your life, kids and job is another thing.

Comment

Congrats to you. Ive seen alcohol take a mans life and soul without him knowing.

Comment

Congrats on slaying a dragon. The lease issue was a message IMHO and you saw the light!

Wish I had a place to invite you out to hunt. You story is inspirational and can help other just like many have shared their stumble of off the path on here so you know you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            first and foremost, congrats on being sober TODAY ... you have to live the program one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow, focus on the now.

Since I'm an optimist, I'll spin this story a different way

Negative:
            - you were kicked out of a lease because of your selfish behavior and continuing to act like a drunk idiot. (not taking personal shots at you, as there's a high probability that you were the classic Jekyll and Hyde drunk). People hated being around you because you were truly intolerable.

Positives:
            - you ONLY lost a lease, and didn't lose your wife, kids, house, and/or career
            - you likely found GOD or a higher power that has been there the entire time. You just never accepted him into your life.
            - the deer lease is materialistic and can be replaced by other leases
            - your wife and kids got their real husband & father back
            - everything happens for a reason and GOD had a plan for you the whole time
            - your priorities have changed from hunting, hunting, hunting to GOD and family first

As a fellow alcoholic (and drug addict), I truly believe getting kicked out of the lease was the greatest thing that ever happened to you. Essentially, it saved your life and marriage. I've been sober for 32 years, and still pray the Serenity Prayer daily and have to live one day at a time. It gets easier but NEVER forget your past.

Next time you're in the deer stand, duck blind, or boat fishing.... you will have an epiphany or special moment when you realize GOD gave you a second chance on life and being sober is something to be proud of.

well sad Blake.

I went thru a bad point, in my life, But when I seen her with her bags packed standing at the door, with my kids, asking me, them or that (Drugs and Alcohol) did not hesitate to and turned the page to be a better person.. it takes cojiones to admit, when is messing up, pride stands in your way most times. but FAMILIA is and should always come first along with God /Higher Power
            Glad you chose your new path..

Comment

Good for you, congratulations on beating the addiction.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood. When your having a bad day- get your *** to a meeting and remember how much worse it could be. When your having a great day- get your *** to a meeting to be reminded of just how lucky you are.... Most of us lost a little bit more than a lease on that walk. Topic of an open meeting the other day hovered around the idea of what it means to be a grateful alcoholic. Tough to understand at first- after some decent time you realize that God had used every experience in my life to mold me into the man I have become. The good, the bad, the ugly all contributed. For that I am grateful.

There are plenty of us here to reach out to- but if you haven’t found a home group where you live go find it. Those relationships are priceless.

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations on being sober.

I know it can be embarrassing talking about this. I wasn't an alcoholic but I liked to have a few drinks. My last beer cost me $8500. That was January 10th, 2010. Haven't drank since then.

You will find out who your real friends are through this. Some won't want to hang out with you because you're not as fun as you used to be. Some won't know what to say and will feel uncomfortable around you so they will stop coming around, others will say, ah 1 beer won't hurt. You will see quickly who you need to cut out of your life and who truly gets it and supports you. Trust me, that is very important in your success.

It was hard at first to tell people, no thanks, I don't drink. Now I don't even think about it and laugh when I tell them I am the only person I know who doesn't drink.

Be proud of who you are and what your doing. Don't have any guilt feelings about telling anyone, no thanks, I don't drink or I don't want a drink today. No explanation needed. If they ask, tell them your story.

There are a bunch of people on here who you can reach out to if you feel weak and feel you want to fall back in the trap. Don't hesitate to contact any of us.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on the best decision made! God bless you and your family brother!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your life change. You’re blessed you get to continue where you left off with your family. Leases come and go. There will be another one. But your family, your life. We only get one. I’m proud of you for seeing the road you were headed down. And I’m happy it was just loosing a lease that opened your eyes and not something worse. God bless you brother and like stated above. You can call/message anyone of us and talk if you need it. Prayers for your continued strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job! 27 years sober for me by God's grace. I still hit a meeting from time to time. I am (and always will) constantly watching out for the triggers. I am convinced that even after so long it would only take one sip to put me right back where I was 27 years ago. 2 pieces of advice.....NEVER let your guard down and you cant do it alone.
                        Bobby

Comment

Good luck to you. I am sure your family is also happier with who you are now.

Comment

Its healthy to talk about your issues. I support you for being courageous and getting help.

Comment

What happened?
                              I drink a few few beers every night at the ranch, cooking and eating Supper.

Comment

Losing that lease was the best thing that could have (did) happen to you. Congrats on the sobriety and keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X