Lost lease because of Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunter911 View Post
    I would love to take you up on that if it works out. I have traveled all over the state hunting just not made it up that way. Again thanks for the kind words
    Just let me know!

Comment

13 yrs sober and counting, I agree it sucks losing your lease but it could definitely been worse. Keep living your life and you’ll find another lease to enjoy. While you’re waiting enjoy the family and make some more memories!

Comment

Good job man, that's a struggle I'm currently fighting.

Comment

God for you. Sorry about the lease; congratulations on leading a better life

It’s been 15 years for me. I drank 7 days a week. Blacked out one night out with buddies, don’t remember how I got home. The next morning my daughter came toddling into my room wanting hugs and kisses. I have never been more ashamed in my life. I decided then and there that I didn’t want to be that kind of an example to her. Haven’t had a drop since.

There are still plenty of mistakes to make as a husband and father, at least the alcohol isn’t a contributing factor.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
            Good job man, that's a struggle I'm currently fighting.
            While you are fighting and need a talk before you pick up that drink call me. 281-650-1420.

Comment

Congrats Roy, you should be proud.

Comment

You should be thankful you only lost the lease, it sounds as though you were headed down the road of losing your wife, kids, house and your life most likely. Sounds as though this is exactly what you needed to lose, so you didn’t lose every thing ! Congrats on being sober, and realizing you had a very serious problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter911 View Post
                  While you are fighting and need a talk before you pick up that drink call me. 281-650-1420.
                  Really appreciate that sir!

Comment

I had a coworker jokingly ask me if I would ever hunt while being high (I don't drink or smoke). I said, "The high is being in the stand. I don't need to add anything else to it."

Comment

Glad you are back on track. Everything happens for a reason. Congrats on the sobriety.

Comment

Take Care - and good luck to you!

Comment

All the best to you on your battle w alcohol. I have lost far to many friends to it and I applaud your honesty & meeting it head on attitude.
                          Stay strong !

Comment

You have tons of support here brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Glad to hear you are where you need to be for you and your Family. The support the members of TBH give to each other always amazes me.

Comment

Congratulations on putting this out of your’s and your family’s lives. It’s just my opinion but it might be a good thing as you may not want to put yourself back in an environment so soon where the alcohol had a great presence. I would just table the deer lease for a season and as someone mentioned above, re-channel that energy on family and making sure you’ve put this behind you for good. Congrats to you and best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X