Which saltwater fish tastes best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Thanks for the input, usually I will be grilling them, but it sounds like speckled trout need to be fried? I'm okay with that. Are fried trought as good, or better, than fried catfish?
    I can’t believe you even typed that...

Comment

Thanks for the input, usually I will be grilling them, but it sounds like speckled trout need to be fried? I'm okay with that. Are fried trought as good, or better, than fried catfish?
      Fried trout is really good but unless I’m cooking for a large group I rarely fry trout. I typically cook it on the griddle (really hot and only turn once) in a little avocado oil and the coastal seasoning from H‑E‑B (comes in a flat tub). That with a squeeze of lemon once it’s on the plate with some griddled asparagus...yessir

Comment

Tuna
        Redfish
        Black drum
        Flounder
        Snapper
        Trout

Comment

Mullet. Just bring a castnet and a bucket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We bake fresh trout, different recipes, and fry frozen trout. Burnadell, you won't be disappointed with trout.

Comment

Flounder

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                Trout are different but as good fried as catfish to me. Both are a little soft for grilling though, at least to me. Glen and I been catching a lot of drum and reds lately and they are perfect grilled. I really like them in a fish taco.

Where and when you going?
                Thanks, Doug! We are going Nov 21 somewhere between Corpus and Rockport depending on which guide we choose. So, in a fish taco, you just saute the trout in a skillet/griddle?

Originally posted by JES View Post
                I can’t believe you even typed that...
                Huh? I was asking a question, so what is your answer?

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                Fried trout is really good but unless I’m cooking for a large group I rarely fry trout. I typically cook it on the griddle (really hot and only turn once) in a little avocado oil and the coastal seasoning from H‑E‑B (comes in a flat tub). That with a squeeze of lemon once it’s on the plate with some griddled asparagus...yessir
                Oh, baby! That sounds good. Thanks for the input.

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Never had a mullet. Always had my hair kinda short!

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                We bake fresh trout, different recipes, and fry frozen trout. Burnadell, you won't be disappointed with trout.
                That is the type info I need. Thanks!

Comment

Hands down, Walleye, oh sorry, wrong thread... lol.

Comment

Snook.

Tripletail.

Comment

[QUOTE=Burnadell;15138536]Thanks, Doug! We are going Nov 21 somewhere between Corpus and Rockport depending on which guide we choose. So, in a fish taco, you just saute the trout in a skillet/griddle?

We leave on a tuna trip on the 21st. Wish we were coming back that day and I'd share some of what we hopefully catch.

Yea i will season them and saute them quick. Trout are pretty soft so dont turn them much. We like them with a cilantro sauce i make and a little slaw on a corn tortilla. Pretty dang quick and good!

Comment

Black Bass Lives Matter. Oh, you said saltwater fish.

Comment

[quote=doug;15138577]
                          Thanks, Doug! We are going Nov 21 somewhere between Corpus and Rockport depending on which guide we choose. So, in a fish taco, you just saute the trout in a skillet/griddle?

We leave on a tuna trip on the 21st. Wish we were coming back that day and I'd share some of what we hopefully catch.

Yea i will season them and saute them quick. Trout are pretty soft so dont turn them much. We like them with a cilantro sauce i make and a little slaw on a corn tortilla. Pretty dang quick and good!
                          Man, you ladies have fun on the tuner killing trips but don't hurt their tender little mouths! I hd thought I would like to make one last tuner trip, but my body kept yelling me down!!! Y'all wore my arse out on those 48-50 hour jaunts!

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                          Black Bass Lives Matter. Oh, you said saltwater fish.

I agree! I think I am going to transfer my off shore adventures back to some Bass Lives Matter efforts.

Comment

Love me some mullet not really, tried it in Florida along with conch. Not bad but not great.

I like like triple tail , founder , trout.

Comment

[quote=doug;15138577]

Would you share your cilantro sauce recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

I plan on trying these next outting just to finally say i did and have my own first hand opinion on it

Comment

Working...
                                X