Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Boys went 5-1 over the weekend, losing only the last one.[emoji35] They played really well, and Brady is finally driving the ball again. He had a couple homers and a couple triples, off the fence, solid defense. Hate to lose the last one, but they were glad to get rings after battling the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome job! Losing that last one is tough, but in the end if the kids got lots of reps and improved I count it as a win.

Comment

Need more 8U teams in Jacksboro next week! Sign up your team and I’ll buy you a couple beers after the games!

Comment

Need more 8U teams in Jacksboro next week! Sign up your team and I’ll buy you a couple beers after the games!

did I see you riding a scooter around at oak grove sunday morning?

Comment

the 10s played solid, ,losing to hard throwing kid that threw 91 pitches against us. hes a good player, but geese they need to be careful.

the 12s made it 3 games deep on sunday, losing to the team that ended up winning it. they adjusted very well to the bigger field, brock looked way more comfortable and swung the better really well.

anyone with a 12u or 13u team need a guest player anytime soon? we would like to get a few more games under our belt... he can catch and can play any position except 1st, he just never has before.

Comment

No sir, I was riding a lawn chair in the Frio River Sunday morning.

Comment

Comment

No sir, I was riding a lawn chair in the Frio River Sunday morning.

I see you are with the canes now, for some reason I thought yall were with warstic, they were playing on field c...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  did I see you riding a scooter around at oak grove sunday morning?
                  Oak grove was a scorcher this weekend. Championship game sunday was brutal, 4pm.

Comment

Our boys lost a heart breaker 4 extra inning game in the Championship match up yesterday in Arkansas.

There were 7 bombs and the final score was 20-19.

Both teams were thin on pitching, so it was a rake fest. Other team still managed to trot a kid out there that was topping at 91 but it was flat, over the dish and left the yard twice. It ended on an infield error that what would have been the winning out for us. Gage was injured and watching from the dug out which was a bummer for him as well - still an epic game.

Five tool's write-up is below with video clips of the long balls.

Five Tool "Game of the Summer"

https://fivetool.org/news/game-of-th...-championship/

Comment

Current model is ridiculous! No team ever should play more than 2 games in 1 day. We working on it!

Comment

My Grand kid boys won the Usssa tournament in Clifton this weekend. Last three games were won by 1 run. Proud of them.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          My Grand kid boys won the Usssa tournament in Clifton this weekend. Last three games were won by 1 run. Proud of them.
                          Awesome! What age?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Awesome! What age?
                            10u in the pen division!

Comment

Coached my son during the “Daddy Ball” years and stopped at 13u to let the pros take over. He’s now a junior in HS and if there is one bit of advice I could give to any younger players...take a significant chunk of the fall/winter off. Even if your kid wants to play every day, those arms NEED rest and dad can and should make that call. Our life changed for the better when my boy stopped playing fall ball and we started hunting and fishing a lot more. In addition, he uses the fall to lift weights and condition his body for the spring. Best thing we ever did...he is always pumped to play in January when the season starts. Find a good program that will allow your kid to get an occasional practice in or even a pick up game or two in the fall to keep him sharp but give that arm a 3-4 month rest (regardless if he’s a pitcher or not). My kid got into disc golf a few years back as well. Exercising the back side of the shoulder every time he throws a disc. His arm speed is stronger than its ever been. Have fun guys...they only get to do this once.

Comment

Well took the boys to their last tournament in Houston this weekend and came up short in the Championship. They lost in the last inning on a couple errors, but they played a brutal 4 games on Sunday and I couldn’t be prouder. The parents talked me into playing one more tournament in Austin this coming weekend and I couldn’t say no. My boys are pumped to travel one last time with their coach LOL! These boys have been playing some awesome baseball made the championship the last 4 tournament’s!

Comment

Working...
                                X