Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
    Quick question.
    I want to buy some new balls for my son's select team that will be playing 11u next month.
    What baseballs do ya'll prefer? I'm a Diamond fan but not sure what model number to buy. Also if you have a better option than Diamond please tell me about it.
    Thanks,
    Brian Anderson
    I bought Diamond DOL-1 for years. You can find them for around $45 a dozen if you search online. I just switched to Wilson 1010S as my boys like the feel better, both are pitchers. The 1010 is Wilson's top of the line ball and S's are blems. I bought 3 dozen to start and have yet to find a blemish on them other than a single stitch hole slightly stretched on a ball or two. They have held up well so far.

Just ordered another 4 dozen of the Wilson. Amazon has them for $39.99 with free shipping if you have Prime.
    Last edited by TXJIM; 08-19-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      i put a bat in the classifieds, 2019 demarini cf black, 30/22, $200

my 10yo says he is done with baseball, looks like he will be moving on to lacrosse, and will still play football and basketball as well. he is pretty high speed and baseball is too slow for him.

we had to find a new team for my 12u, we had 2 or 3 leave for various reasons and the coach cut 2 for dugout behavior, it would have been tough to find 5-6 kids and we needed coaching help as well so the coach decided to not keep the team together for 13u.

we found a spot with the texas oilers and were able to bring 2 of brocks buddies from his team with us. sadly i dont expect 7th grade football to happen so we are going to play baseball this fall.
      I'm still reading and following along! lol

Jax did Summer basketball and speed / agility and has loved every minute. Got asked to guest play a couple times and he never mentioned playing once. He said the same thing about the action when I finally asked him what it was that made him drop it so easy. Said he loved his teammates, but just felt like he wasnt challenged physically.

Those Oilers teams have always been good plays from what I remember. Got a kiddo that we used to play with on one of their squads.

We have tryouts for football starting Sept 5th - nothing cancelled yet.

Comment

Havent heard from systemnt and Tan in a while?

Hope the rest of yall are feeling good! Enjoy while it lasts

Comment

Anyone playing in Benbrook this weekend?

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

My boy is needing to get a -8 bat. anyone have a 28-20 or 29-21 cat 8 or demarini CF zen laying around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are most of yall playing select baseball, coached by Dad's or actual coaches who have played the game before and apart of an organization where Dad is not influencing lineups?

Serious question. I am seeing so many new "select" teams that are thrown together by Dad's and glorified LL ball

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Are most of yall playing select baseball, coached by Dad's or actual coaches who have played the game before and apart of an organization where Dad is not influencing lineups?

Serious question. I am seeing so many new "select" teams that are thrown together by Dad's and glorified LL ball

My son plays with 11u Twelve in Katy. They have a couple paid coaches that run the program then they select dads as coaches. I feel like it’s a quality program. We have seen and played with a few “daddy ball” teams and it was awful. I’m sure not all of them are bad but the ones we played with were a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

We play for the Canes organization, and have a coach who played college ball and has no kids on the team. During 8U 2 dads helped out coaching bases/pitching, but the coach makes personnel decisions and sets the lineup. We're moving up to 9U for the fall, and I think he will have an assistant from the organization going with us, but I'm not certain.

Either way, any dad who has to step in to coach 1st is more than capable, and our parents are smart/decent enough to be fine with our decisions whether they may agree with them or not.

As one of the dads who helps coaching bases, and some at practice...I expect to have zero input on where anyone plays, or hits. I've told any and every coach we have ever played any sport for, the same thing (AND my wife) "he'll play anywhere you want him, he'll play hard, and WE won't complain".
                  Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-15-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post
                    My boy is needing to get a -8 bat. anyone have a 28-20 or 29-21 cat 8 or demarini CF zen laying around?

Check these out..

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post

Those are a little big for my kid. Thanks though

Comment

Yea I would say lots of teams coached by who knows until about 12. Once kids are 12 they usually know where they belong. I hate seeing kids on teams with a skill level they have a hard time competing at and don’t get much experience. Make sure your kid plays at the right skill level for them

Comment

I put an A2000 for sale in the classifieds, good for a younger chap

Comment

Used Bat

Where is the best places to look for a used bat---27". My son had his first scrimmage last night and made a good hit, I just know that if he had a bat other than the USA crap we still have from league how much farther it would have gone!

Not trying to break the bank, just looking for ideas!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Welding Teach; 09-17-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I'll see what we have in the garage, may only have a 28" though...

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
                                Where is the best places to look for a used bat---27". My son had his first scrimmage last night and made a good hit, I just know that if he had a bat other than the USA crap we still have from league how much farther it would have gone!

Not trying to break the bank, just looking for ideas!
                                I'll check my garage also. I bet I have a 27" with some pop.

Comment

Working...
                                X