No announcement yet.

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little man had a great day on the bump and at the plate. He has a lot of pitches left to go into tomorrow games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

5-0!

Comment

Congrats to your kiddo and you too mom and dad. By the way you out kicked your coverage too. Congrats to all!

Comment

Well we came up short in Austin this weekend, but the the boys played great. I am officially retired from coaching select ball. Time to focus on my son as he will start his freshman year at KP high school and hopefully make his HS team. Time to put the work in for the grind and start strength and conditioning and keep hitting. Good luck to all the boys still in select ball hope you don’t get caught up in all the parents drama and just let the boys play. I have had a bellyful of all the drama just sit back let the coaches coach and just enjoy the time you have left.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            Well we came up short in Austin this weekend, but the the boys played great. I am officially retired from coaching select ball. Time to focus on my son as he will start his freshman year at KP high school and hopefully make his HS team. Time to put the work in for the grind and start strength and conditioning and keep hitting. Good luck to all the boys still in select ball hope you don’t get caught up in all the parents drama and just let the boys play. I have had a bellyful of all the drama just sit back let the coaches coach and just enjoy the time you have left.
            Enjoy retirement! LOL Where will he play summer ball moving forward?

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              Enjoy retirement! LOL Where will he play summer ball moving forward?
              Looking at HP or Twelve.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                5-0!

Congrats! It goes by fast, don't blink!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  Looking at HP or Twelve.
                  Both seem like good organizations and their team compete. First year for summer highschool has been fun and an eye opener at the same time. Crazy talent out there and alot of it! Good luck to your boy moving forward!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                    Both seem like good organizations and their team compete. First year for summer highschool has been fun and an eye opener at the same time. Crazy talent out there and alot of it! Good luck to your boy moving forward!
                    Yes sir. There is a ton of talent in the HS summer ball and that’s why I’m stepping back so he can g at them at a different level and compete at the higher level. He has the tools just needs to let the comfort zone go and play the game. He hit 400+ for the season and throws of the mound mid 70’s and plays multiple positions on the field. If he puts the work in he will be fine. Good luck to your son as well.

Comment

i put a bat in the classifieds, 2019 demarini cf black, 30/22, $200

my 10yo says he is done with baseball, looks like he will be moving on to lacrosse, and will still play football and basketball as well. he is pretty high speed and baseball is too slow for him.

we had to find a new team for my 12u, we had 2 or 3 leave for various reasons and the coach cut 2 for dugout behavior, it would have been tough to find 5-6 kids and we needed coaching help as well so the coach decided to not keep the team together for 13u.

we found a spot with the texas oilers and were able to bring 2 of brocks buddies from his team with us. sadly i dont expect 7th grade football to happen so we are going to play baseball this fall.

Comment

I had asked on here about starting my own team, things didn't pan out for that. I did find a place for my son to play. Coach is cool, organization he is with is pretty cool. They hit all the important check marks I had in mind for my son playing 8U coach pitch.

We joined the Gulf Coast Oilers, this is a brand new 8U team this year. We are going to be playing at the Scrapyard in the DH Sunday Fall series.

Maybe I will run into some of ya'll out there!

Comment

The kiddo’s had a great baseball weekend as Both of their teams finished 2nd. My 9 year old daughter picks up with a baseball team and they lost 1-0 in the championship game of their first kid pitch tournament.

Noah’s a freshman now and has been in football practice for two weeks so his baseball practice time has been greatly reduced. His team came up short 8-6 to a great team.

Also,

Noah’s foul ball - 1
                          Windshield - 0

The poor lady was sitting in her car when it happened.

Comment

She made the mistake of trying not to walk and found a prime parking spot.

Comment

Quick question.
                              I want to buy some new balls for my son's select team that will be playing 11u next month.
                              What baseballs do ya'll prefer? I'm a Diamond fan but not sure what model number to buy. Also if you have a better option than Diamond please tell me about it.
                              Thanks,
                              Brian Anderson

Comment

Diamond and Baden. I like to buy them used by the bucket for batting practice. New balls only used for pitching.

Comment

Working...
                                X