Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    How is the USA Prime organization in that area? Both of son play for the same organization in the Cypress area and they merged with USA Prime this year. It's all the same coaching staff just different uniforms.
    We play the USA Prime team a couple weeks ago. I think they have a couple Elite teams and a couple AA teams. Coaches seemed pretty good, but to early to tell. This was the 14U teams.

Comment

Clearing out my closet. Tons of baseball coaching information. I also have a little Bushnell Pitching radar gun. I coached a lot of youth baseball. Lots of info here for someone starting a 10-12 yr old up to high school. Hate to just throw this all in the trash. If anyone is in the Austin /Buda /San Marcos Area and interested in looking over tons if misc stuff shoot me a PM and I try to find a time to just hand this stuff over to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        We play the USA Prime team a couple weeks ago. I think they have a couple Elite teams and a couple AA teams. Coaches seemed pretty good, but to early to tell. This was the 14U teams.
        Hey Grant. I met you at the Rac last year, but not sure if you remember. The USA Prime teams are the old PrimeTime Baseball teams you've played in the past. Mostly the same coaches, but there is a new coach or 2. Nothing has changes on our end except uniforms and the address where we send our check. My boy moved up to the 15u squad this year since he is a freshman, but there are now 5, 14U teams. I'm not sure what the plans are as an organization though. The main thing it helped for us is that we were able to get a long term contract on a facility, which we needed badly. Good luck to SSk this year!

Comment

Well my 12u was the #1 seed after 2 good games Saturday and lost the first game Sunday. Couldn't have asked for a better situation for my son, his dang girlfriend was at the game, down 3 to 2 with the bases loaded and time expired, just put the ball in play and we tie the game.... First pitch was outside but called a strike, then ball 1, then two swings and misses.... I know he felt bad, his contact rate is usually the best on the team and to swing and miss twice in a row was a big let down for him. I told him at least he went down swinging and not watching. Next kid struck out too, it was a tough way to lose to the #10 seed.

Both of them will be playing this weekend at the NCS world series in Grapevine, hopefully the rust was shaken off.

Comment

We faced a kid (14u) in the semi's this weekend who was throwing 78-80mph and had a good breaking ball. He had 13k's.

Not a bad weekend overall though for our first tourney back from coronacation. We got 4 games in and lots of reps.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              Well my 12u was the #1 seed after 2 good games Saturday and lost the first game Sunday. Couldn't have asked for a better situation for my son, his dang girlfriend was at the game, down 3 to 2 with the bases loaded and time expired, just put the ball in play and we tie the game.... First pitch was outside but called a strike, then ball 1, then two swings and misses.... I know he felt bad, his contact rate is usually the best on the team and to swing and miss twice in a row was a big let down for him. I told him at least he went down swinging and not watching. Next kid struck out too, it was a tough way to lose to the #10 seed.

Both of them will be playing this weekend at the NCS world series in Grapevine, hopefully the rust was shaken off.

Mine let in the walk off run on an error at 3rd to keep us from the championship game. He was crushed...I wanted to carry him out of there and help him hide. Such is life I guess, he’s back to work at it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Baseball is a game of failure. You can fail 4 out of 10 times at the plate and be the batting champion.

Comment

Gage's 2021 team had a good showing at the Perfect Game Event in Oklahoma last weekend. He looked really sharp in Center. His catcher told him after an opponent hit a shot deep in the gap the ump said "he ain't gettin' that" and the catcher said "oh yeah he is"...catcher was right. Hit the ball hard a majority of the time. A few squeaked through but had trouble finding holes - several line outs straight to fielders...it happens!

They went 3-0 in pool play including a good win against 5-star.

Lost 4-1 in the Semis on Sunday to Dulins Dodgers (Blaze Jordan's former team). 11 kids on that roster were D-1 commits apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                    Gage's 2021 team had a good showing at the Perfect Game Event in Oklahoma last weekend. He looked really sharp in Center. His catcher told him after an opponent hit a shot deep in the gap the ump said "he ain't gettin' that" and the catcher said "oh yeah he is"...catcher was right. Hit the ball hard a majority of the time. A few squeaked through but had trouble finding holes - several line outs straight to fielders...it happens!

They went 3-0 in pool play including a good win against 5-star.

Lost 4-1 in the Semis on Sunday to Dulins Dodgers (Blaze Jordan's former team). 11 kids on that roster were D-1 commits apparently.

That’s fun stuff!

We’re still 8U, and mine just got moved to 3rd. Apparently a lot of guys aren’t used to getting thrown out at home on a ground ball to 3rd, or a fly ball to left when tagging up. We have a good catcher too.

He’s still getting used to 3rd, but run at your own risk...[emoji23] he LOVES shooting them down at the plate, and does so regularly. The other teams coach told me the other day “_______ told us not to run on him”. And I told him “that was just luck, keep sendin’em”.[emoji23]

Comment

Well watched 2 games last night. College Summer program. Kid came in the 7th of first game and walked the leadoff. Stuck out next- picked off the runner- then stuck out the 3rd out. It was his first game pitching since all this started. Threw first two innings of next game and ended the night with 6Ks, ground out and a fly ball. 39 pitches. He put himself on a 45 pitch count. It sure was good to watch some more live baseball. He is suppose to throw with a 2021 team this weekend but weather may stop this. Trying to get him a lot of innings the last half of the Summer but stay low pitch count on all outings.

Comment

Both boys are 2-0 after pool play in their world series. The rain has wreaked havoc on us but looks like we will finally get it in.

Bracket starts tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Both boys are 2-0 after pool play in their world series. The rain has wreaked havoc on us but looks like we will finally get it in.

Bracket starts tomorrow.
                          Awesome. Best of luck in bracket play!

Comment

Welp, the 10s went 2 and done, they played tough though in an open tournament so we were proud. Logan hit the ball great in all 4 games.

The 12s started 4-1 and ended losing game 6 this afternoon. They were the visiting team and up 5 to 3 going into the last inning and coughed it up. Brock can't hit a **** beach ball right now but it was a good showing for the team considering we've played 16 games and 3 of the top teams have played 35+ this spring.

The 12s will be playing July 4th in McKinney, the 10s don't play till July 17.

Now it's time to get Brocks butt in the cage and figure this thing out.

Comment

The umpire on field 5 at The RAC in Waller was terrible today. The dude never knew the count, walked a kid on 3 balls called strikes when balls literally bounced off home plate. It was a complete joke!! But still better than sitting at home. On to the losers bracket tomorrow morning [emoji30].

Comment

11U son went 1-1 today. His new team just hasn't figured it out and he's definitely been off at the plate. We'll see what tomorrow holds and then one more tourney and done until fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X