No announcement yet.

Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like he got what he had coming, as a former LEO he overpowered the male officer and in my opinion that officer's life was threatened and looks like a good shooting.

Comment

Riddle me this: I can get on a Harley and run 80 down the highway with no helmet, but putting through town in an Excursion with no seatbelt is worth a ticket/jail/getting shot?

Comment

Driver got what he deserved.

As stated earlier..... why cant folks comply?
        I'm polite/comply even if the LEO is being rude. It's a respect thing, plus "I dont want a citation, or jail!"

Only problem I have w the whole situation is that the shooter didnt know what she was doing or had done.

But..... in the heat of the moment, I cant really fault her for that.
        There was a definite threat, and she stopped it. Albeit maybe not the way she intended (or wanted) to after the smoke cleared.

If she hadn't said what she did, no one would/should have questioned her actions.

jmho.......

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
          You are a complete idiot if you believe this is what we do. In the last few days I’ve gone to a mother of three that shot herself in the head and died at the scene, completed four BMV reports, literally probably twenty suspicious people calls, a major accident where a DWI rear ended a semi on the freeway and while I was working that, had a DWI drive through the scene almost running my partner and myself over. Then I backed up a unit who stopped a car with three armed carjackers in a stolen car only to find a female passenger who was kidnapped at gunpoint and raped in the back seat. The men fled and were caught after searching for two hours. I don’t think I generate one ounce of revenue on one day of patrol and this is an example of my daily activity. ALL I do is clean up the mess people make. If you truly believe what you just said why don’t you climb in the passenger seat of a patrol car and go and watch instead of talking out of your ***.

Ugh. This is why I don’t read these BS threads.....always a bunch of people that think they know everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          This is why I carry a gun.

I sure am glad the police allow me to protect myself

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            Whole lot of dumb in his post but I picked this one blurb to focus on. You specifically want law enforcement to be reactive versus proactive?
            The majority of the time the cops get their after the fact, so proactive is not what i have witnessed in my 50yrs.

Comment

Some of you guys don't have a clue, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                Some of you guys don't have a clue, period.
                I like to engage in internet threads that have no bearing on my life too!!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Guess I'm an old fart and live in a small town. Guy was stupid for not complying with the law. Yes sir no sir is all I say to them and have never had any trouble with any law enforcement person. Guess I'm old school.
                  That solves the problem right there! Isn't always fun to do but that is the way it is supposed to be done - almost always saves you from getting shot

Comment

Folks who don’t wear their seat belt need to read up on Charles Darwin...

It’s not hard. Make it a habit. Would you approve of your wife, kids, or mother not wearing theirs?

If someone isn’t wearing their seatbelt in the event of an accident, their head/body becomes a projectile that can injur or kill other passengers. Or cause other accidents when your body is ejected into moving traffic...

There are many, many dumber laws than seatbelt laws... And it’s not all about protecting the non-wearer.
                    Last edited by 30-30; 03-27-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

The idiot driver in the video resisted arrest, then assaulted a police officer. He was met with force necessary to stop the threat.

Comment

Fair enough. I hope you understand the origins of these "revenue generating" laws that have been mentioned here though. All of those come from lobbyists and politicians. Look at the motorcycle helmet laws, they're ridiculous yet they are law.

Take care RJH1.

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        I think we are arguing over semantics now as "patrol" is less of what he was doing than responding to calls. And you could very well be right about being raised around a certain attitude and my opinions now, but there are reasons for those opinions too. But anyway, like i said this is why i generally refrain from these post on TBH. Basically I have little to no use for the police, and I have had run-ins with them that maybe point more to their issues than mine. I have never been arrested and am generally a upstanding law abiding type citizen, so it is not like i don't care for cops cause they are messing up my illegal businesses, cause i don't have any.

Just a couple of a days ago a local cop was arrested by DPS for DWI, and the local chief gave the. "he's a good old boy" speech. If a plain old citizen would have been arrested for DWI, the news would have been how he might have killed someone. Things like that do not endear police to me. IDK if he will keep his job

Also please notice that i never condoned what you posted in your last sentence, i actually said in several post to not fight with the popo.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                          You are a complete idiot if you believe this is what we do. In the last few days I’ve gone to a mother of three that shot herself in the head and died at the scene, completed four BMV reports, literally probably twenty suspicious people calls, a major accident where a DWI rear ended a semi on the freeway and while I was working that, had a DWI drive through the scene almost running my partner and myself over. Then I backed up a unit who stopped a car with three armed carjackers in a stolen car only to find a female passenger who was kidnapped at gunpoint and raped in the back seat. The men fled and were caught after searching for two hours. I don’t think I generate one ounce of revenue on one day of patrol and this is an example of my daily activity. ALL I do is clean up the mess people make. If you truly believe what you just said why don’t you climb in the passenger seat of a patrol car and go and watch instead of talking out of your ***.

Ugh. This is why I don’t read these BS threads.....always a bunch of people that think they know everything.

Drop the mic! And thank you sir for your service, its scary to think where we would as a society without LEO's

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                            Drop the mic! And thank you sir for your service, its scary to think where we would as a society without LEO's

Thanks Brother....(I’m a lady Deputy lol) I appreciate those who understand our job is way more than just donuts, tickets and whatever else they think we do. I don’t pretend to know what a Plummer does, a doctor, a McDonald’s worker, a truck driver or any other profession. I know what my job is......it’s always crazy to me to see posts regarding a job you’ve never done.....ESPECIALLY a first responder. When you hear that tone out and everyone stops what they’re doing and listens to a dispatcher say “In Progress” and you flip those switches, get there and people are crying hysterically, you’ve got your gun drawn, waiting for backup to get there to rush into a house where you KNOW someone is in there with a weapon.....and YOURE the first one through that door. Yeah. My job sure just generates revenue, and protects no one and it’ll definitely be better to just wait til they’re done killing everyone and let the “detectives” come in after they’re finished, if they ever finish the killing. Some TBH’ers wouldn’t last five minutes in my patrol car and I don’t carry depends for when they’d **** themselves.

Comment

Nothing will ever be solved on the side of the road. Yes sir, no sir.... take the ticket and then plead not guilty.....

Comment

Don’t like the laws?

MOVE!
                                Other countries Welcome you

Comment

Working...
                                X