Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Guess I'm an old fart and live in a small town. Guy was stupid for not complying with the law. Yes sir no sir is all I say to them and have never had any trouble with any law enforcement person. Guess I'm old school.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        Guess I'm an old fart and live in a small town. Guy was stupid for not complying with the law. Yes sir no sir is all I say to them and have never had any trouble with any law enforcement person. Guess I'm old school.
        More like raised right and not in today's entitled society.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          Vigilance committees?

There have been societies without LEOs throughout history, so anarchy may not be necessarily the only option.

Law enforcement in general has overreached for many years. Much of what they do today is revenue generation, and has little effect on safety. Most people aren't interested in breaking laws or being menaces to society, and many others only break laws that effect only them selves i.e. seatbelts.

Popo could probably get by with detective force to solve crimes, and a many fewer patrolmen to be sent out when crimes are reported in progress. But, when you want to have cops everywhere, you need to create new crimes to keep them occupied i.e. seatbelt laws

You are a complete idiot if you believe this is what we do. In the last few days I’ve gone to a mother of three that shot herself in the head and died at the scene, completed four BMV reports, literally probably twenty suspicious people calls, a major accident where a DWI rear ended a semi on the freeway and while I was working that, had a DWI drive through the scene almost running my partner and myself over. Then I backed up a unit who stopped a car with three armed carjackers in a stolen car only to find a female passenger who was kidnapped at gunpoint and raped in the back seat. The men fled and were caught after searching for two hours. I don’t think I generate one ounce of revenue on one day of patrol and this is an example of my daily activity. ALL I do is clean up the mess people make. If you truly believe what you just said why don’t you climb in the passenger seat of a patrol car and go and watch instead of talking out of your ***.

Ugh. This is why I don’t read these BS threads.....always a bunch of people that think they know everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            Whole lot of dumb in his post but I picked this one blurb to focus on. You specifically want law enforcement to be reactive versus proactive?

You mean proactive, like in the video? Where police pull someone over for a made up law that protects no one, and a cop ends up shooting some goober? Yeah i could do with less of that. Seatbelt laws are fishing expeditions. I really don't need police protecting me from myself, maybe you do?

I mean what would happen to civilization if someone didn't wear their seatbelt, or God forbid they had license plate light out. The horror.

You will notice i posted several times that fighting with the popo was stuipid, but getting pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt is about the dumbest thing ever.

PS the vigilance committee was a joke, maybe that flew over your head, but thinking cops keep society from flying off the rails is plenty dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
              You are a complete idiot if you believe this is what we do. In the last few days I’ve gone to a mother of three that shot herself in the head and died at the scene, completed four BMV reports, literally probably twenty suspicious people calls, a major accident where a DWI rear ended a semi on the freeway and while I was working that, had a DWI drive through the scene almost running my partner and myself over. Then I backed up a unit who stopped a car with three armed carjackers in a stolen car only to find a female passenger who was kidnapped at gunpoint and raped in the back seat. The men fled and were caught after searching for two hours. I don’t think I generate one ounce of revenue on one day of patrol and this is an example of my daily activity. ALL I do is clean up the mess people make. If you truly believe what you just said why don’t you climb in the passenger seat of a patrol car and go and watch instead of talking out of your ***.

Ugh. This is why I don’t read these BS threads.....always a bunch of people that think they know everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              So, basically everything you did was reactive, which i am actually fine with. I have no idea what BMV (maybe bureau of motor vehicle) reports are. You might have missed my last paragraph that you quoted, where what you did is kinda what i think police should be used for. But if a person on TBH ever says that cops ain't just a shade under God, they get hammered, which is why i usually don't post on these BS threads.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Obamas World....
                That sorry SOB cultivated Disrespect for LEO's, like no other, the entire 8 years that this country had to suffer through his treasonous garbage.... It had a lasting affect!!!!
                Mission accomplished!!!!!

Spot mother****ing on. I’m entitled because I’m black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure where that is or what that the people are like in that area, but I would think that department should look into hiring more male officers and some larger ones. The officer doing the stop is male, but on the smaller side, then his partner is female. Then the first two officers that show up as back up are female, followed by another small male.
                  The guy that got shot, probably should not have been shot at that point, not saying had she not shot him, things would not have quickly gotten to the point where he needed a bullet. I think he need a good old beating. I know I would not have put up with his crap as long as that officer did. That officer has much better people skills than me. I would have been yanking him out of the truck a lot sooner, making sure his head hit every hard part of the door opening and door on the way out. I have never been a law enforcement officer for many reasons. One good example, is I would not put up with crap like that very long, before deciding that game was over and it was time for him to make a trip to jail.

Comment

First lesson:

Obey all LEO's

2nd Lesson:

Do not swear at LEO's

3rd lesson:

See lesson #1.

I truly believe she is not in the wrongdoing.

Comment

I believe that you are actually the one who missed something... They mentioned a day on Patrol which is not the same as what you proposed. Further, and I mean no disrespect, but you have exemplified part of the problem. Being raised around an attitude towards officers, like you mentioned your grandfather and his comment he would make, leads to these incidents due to an "I'm not going to and you can't make me" response.

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                      So, basically everything you did was reactive, which i am actually fine with. I have no idea what BMV (maybe bureau of motor vehicle) reports are. You might have missed my last paragraph that you quoted, where what you did is kinda what i think police should be used for. But if a person on TBH ever says that cops ain't just a shade under God, they get hammered, which is why i usually don't post on these BS threads.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        Yes sir I'm with you !!!

Comment

Originally posted by twostepct View Post
                          I believe that you are actually the one who missed something... They mentioned a day on Patrol which is not the same as what you proposed. Further, and I mean no disrespect, but you have exemplified part of the problem. Being raised around an attitude towards officers, like you mentioned your grandfather and his comment he would make, leads to these incidents due to an "I'm not going to and you can't make me" response.

Basically what this guy said except I was going to use more curse words.

Comment

Originally posted by twostepct View Post
                            I think we are arguing over semantics now as "patrol" is less of what he was doing than responding to calls. And you could very well be right about being raised around a certain attitude and my opinions now, but there are reasons for those opinions too. But anyway, like i said this is why i generally refrain from these post on TBH. Basically I have little to no use for the police, and I have had run-ins with them that maybe point more to their issues than mine. I have never been arrested and am generally a upstanding law abiding type citizen, so it is not like i don't care for cops cause they are messing up my illegal businesses, cause i don't have any.

Just a couple of a days ago a local cop was arrested by DPS for DWI, and the local chief gave the. "he's a good old boy" speech. If a plain old citizen would have been arrested for DWI, the news would have been how he might have killed someone. Things like that do not endear police to me. IDK if he will keep his job

Also please notice that i never condoned what you posted in your last sentence, i actually said in several post to not fight with the popo.

Comment

Police officer defending another police officer from a violent attack. How is she in the wrong? Yes the Taser would have been a better choice but if you were the one on the ground getting pummeled you would just be glad he was stopped.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                                Basically what this guy said except I was going to use more curse words.

If you want to cuss me for my views, go for it, i got thick skin. But, before you do, at least know my views are not all just pulled out of thin air.

Have a good one

Comment

Working...
                                X