What do you consider LOW FENCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Crazy how deer who arent pressured act. Seen them come to corn 10yds from the truck in Mexico on one 100% LF
    That's not possible. Everyone knows that only happens on HF places where deer lose all fear of man immediately following the erection of the fence. My place is definitely HF. In fact, some places have HF inside a HF inside another HF.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
      The ranch I hunt only has HF around the perimeter or along the highway. My pasture is 7,500 acres and is only HF along the section of highway. The other (3) sides are low fence barbed wire. I would consider it low fenced. If you want to get picky, my pasture is inside a 45,000 acre section of the ranch which is high fenced around the perimeter.
      I would consider this high fence. All that is is interior fencing. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
        for me, if my big *** can't step over it, that ***** is high..:d
        lmao:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Comment

For me, a property with a low fence all the way around it. Crazy, I know...

D

Comment

Them kids 50 yrs from now that's hunt down south isn't going to no what hunting is all the mammals are going to be all locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Crazy how deer who arent pressured act. Seen them come to corn 10yds from the truck in Mexico on one 100% LF
              That does not happen in East Texas.

Comment

Our ranch is 16,000 acres with 3 sides HF. The longest side is all 100% LF - barbwire strand fence with a dirt road on that border of the ranch. All native genetics, nothing introduced.

It's got high fence, so it's considered high fence if you want to be literal about it. It's also considered fair chase and qualifies for B&C with the many miles of low fence on that border of the property. There's also barb wire cross fencing separating pastures on the ranch.

All that being said, I believe there are deer born on the property that never leave the property any part of their lives, or even see any boundary of the property. There are also deer that come & go at will, and deer that have never been seen or pictured on the property until they are shot every year.

To each their own, but as far as I'm concerned, it's native free range deer on our property and that's getting harder to find in south Texas these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                  That does not happen in East Texas.
                  Heck no it doesn't. Too many get shot from a passing truck they'll never trust one

Comment

Originally posted by dk_ace View Post
                    For me, a property with a low fence all the way around it. Crazy, I know...

D

So...our place is 2200 acres in West Texas that is low fence except 3/8 of the east fence. That particular part got high fenced about 4 years ago when our neighbor did their whole place. So by your definition we are high fenced?[emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      If you can't cross a low fence on ALL 4 sides. Not just your pasture, then yes it is high fence. Idc if you own it or now. High fence is high fence and you know that lol. And I'm pretty sure that deer doesn't qualify for b&c. I'll hunt high fence any day. And I have a bunch. Not hating. Just stating facts. And just because you run into high fence doesn't mean all 4 sides are surrounded.
                      Trophy8, it does, i hunted to the place next to it and it was crazy to see a deer that is in the book when you're 13 years old, and I'm not trying to be a jerk and call you out, I'm just stating that I've seen it and know it qualifies

And low fence to me is when a majority of the place is low fenced, I hunt a large piece of land and majority of it is LF but there are some parts where there is HF because the neighbors or old owners did it.

I've also hunted a place that was majority was HF and had one side with LF and it was considered LF and those deer were wild as h***, out LF deer are more tame, we had a deer that was a 160" 8 that would eat corn 5 yards behind the Polaris, but he was a free ranging wild deer

Comment

What do you consider LOW FENCE?

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                        Trophy8, it does, i hunted to the place next to it and it was crazy to see a deer that is in the book when you're 13 years old, and I'm not trying to be a jerk and call you out, I'm just stating that I've seen it and know it qualifies

And low fence to me is when a majority of the place is low fenced, I hunt a large piece of land and majority of it is LF but there are some parts where there is HF because the neighbors or old owners did it.

I've also hunted a place that was majority was HF and had one side with LF and it was considered LF and those deer were wild as h***, out LF deer are more tame, we had a deer that was a 160" 8 that would eat corn 5 yards behind the Polaris, but he was a free ranging wild deer

Deer can be conditioned low fence or high fence.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I remember the first time I went to New Jersey and saw deer eating out of flower beds in the middle of the day with tons of cars driving by and they looked just like pets.

Back when my grandfather was around our low fence ranch every day some of the deer would follow his truck like cattle. Nobody hardly ever hunted and he feed them every day from his 82 f-150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd say "low fence" would be a situation where there aren't unnatural barriers to nature. A healthy, natural environment where animals can come and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            Deer can be conditioned low fence or high fence.
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I remember the first time I went to New Jersey and saw deer eating out of flower beds in the middle of the day with tons of cars driving by and they looked just like pets.

Back when my grandfather was around our low fence ranch every day some of the deer would follow his truck like cattle. Nobody hardly ever hunted and he feed them every day from his 82 f-150.

Yes they can, we had certain deer on the HF place that would and some of the deer on our new place are wild as can be, it just depends on the deer!

Comment

Some deer are just tame. This buck lived at the same stand and ate out of this feeder his whole life. He was most likely born right there in that area and his momma brought him to this pen from the start. He had no fear of humans. I've been inside this pen with him less then 10 feet away. Almost every time we checked or filled up the feeder he would come to us. He died as a 5 yr old from a tough rough. We haven't had another buck like him since.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post

By not qualifying I mean because he was a high fence deer. That deer couldn't get out of that place "technically" on any side. Yes he could jump that 8' fence. I know they can. But you get my point. Just because there's interior cross fence doesn't make it all low fence if the exterior is ALL 100% HF. He's a great deer. A giant. I'd shoot him in a heartbeat. But that's not the discussion at hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X