What do you consider LOW FENCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I was thinking of the same scenario and don't have the answer...but I'm guessing the owner of the 2k feels like he's LF since his boundaries are low?

I would think the same thing..."my ranch is low fence."

Comment

If one side is open then I would consider it low fence. I don’t worry about the fence height when planning a hunting trip though.

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      As an aside Where is Juco? Google isn't finding it.
      I think they are referring to the Junco Ranch that is between Encinal and Freer. I believe it is around 45,000 acres.

Comment

If its got high fencing its kind of hard to call it low fence.

Comment

To me, free range means an animal can venture freely in any direction at free will. The more restrictive the fence is, the more I consider the acreage to be high fenced. That being said, I would still consider the above mentioned 2K LF within the confines of the larger HF as a LF ranch, provided separate ownership.

I think that the larger the HF place is, the less the HF means, really. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
            Junco, HWY 44 between freer and encinal.
            Yes

Comment

Where at least one side of the road has a low fence or no fence.

Comment

Anything I can step over without hanging my cahonies!

Comment

As I recall the question on B&C is was the animal taken by "fair chase". Then what becomes the definition of "fair chase".

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                    As I recall the question on B&C is was the animal taken by "fair chase". Then what becomes the definition of "fair chase".

Comment

The ranch I hunt only has HF around the perimeter or along the highway. My pasture is 7,500 acres and is only HF along the section of highway. The other (3) sides are low fence barbed wire. I would consider it low fenced. If you want to get picky, my pasture is inside a 45,000 acre section of the ranch which is high fenced around the perimeter.

Comment

To me it is about how much you are restricting movement with the fence. It would be hard to convince me that anything enclosed on 3 sides was "low fence". 2 Sides I could see as being low fence.

High fence doesn't mean it isn't fair chase. But organizations need to draw the line somewhere on this issue. To me it is not hard to understand why organizations like B&C and P&Y do not accept animals (For the Record Book) taken behind a "game proof fence."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                          The ranch I hunt only has HF around the perimeter or along the highway. My pasture is 7,500 acres and is only HF along the section of highway. The other (3) sides are low fence barbed wire. I would consider it low fenced. If you want to get picky, my pasture is inside a 45,000 acre section of the ranch which is high fenced around the perimeter.
                          Great analogy. Some though would say you're high. Wonder what BnC would say? Since technically your deer are in a high fence. I have no clue.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Great analogy. Some though would say you're high. Wonder what BnC would say? Since technically your deer are in a high fence. I have no clue.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                            I just spent about 10 minutes looking around their website and I think they are somewhat ambiguous on purpose on some of this. I could not find the answer to the situation above.

The Boone and Crockett Club publishes position statements to inform and educate people about conservation and hunting issues. Thus, there is no charge for personal and non-commercial use of its position statements, but reprinting or re-use of any portions of a position statement shall credit the Boone and Crockett Club as the source. Any such use shall remain subject to all rights of the Boone and Crockett Club.

Comment

1 side low fence (significant side and not a 200 yard strip)

High fence places 5,000 and above I start considering free range even though it's not obviously

Lots of land inside the boundary

Comment

No more than 1 side can be HF.. and I think anything that's a HF even if it's 30,000 acres is not fair chase..

Comment

Working...
                                X