What do you consider LOW FENCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Not trying to bash anyone's opinion on the subject just curios what others think? How about 6k acres with a 100 yard gap open ? Low or high? Or 3 sides high fenced and 1 low to a major highway where the deer would have a difficult time escaping? Another example would be an enormous HF ranch such as the Junco, I'm sure some deer there never even see the fence. Where do you draw the line if any?
    I would call the one with a major side "free range" but not LF and the others HF no matter how big they are. I would still hunt them I just wouldn't call thence free range even if they were in 20,000ac. It is what it is doesn't make them easier to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Great analogy. Some though would say you're high. Wonder what BnC would say? Since technically your deer are in a high fence. I have no clue.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
      The buck in my avatar netted 172 1/8. It was officially scored by two B&C scorers and it made the book. If you look closely at the pic, the official B&C plaque is in the front. I don't know the rules for B&C though.

Comment

High fence is high fence/low fence is low fence. I enjoy both because I love the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
          The ranch I hunt only has HF around the perimeter or along the highway. My pasture is 7,500 acres and is only HF along the section of highway. The other (3) sides are low fence barbed wire. I would consider it low fenced. If you want to get picky, my pasture is inside a 45,000 acre section of the ranch which is high fenced around the perimeter.
          You're high fenced. It's pretty simple. All 4 sides of the ranch are high fenced then it's high fenced. Not just your pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            You're high fenced. It's pretty simple. All 4 sides of the ranch are high fenced then it's high fenced. Not just your pasture.
            I agree also definitely high fenced.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              So if my pasture was my ranch, would you still consider it HF? If so, is there anymore low fence ranches in S. Texas? You are eventually going to run into a high fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                So if my pasture was my ranch, would you still consider it HF? If so, is there anymore low fence ranches in S. Texas? You are eventually going to run into a high fence.
                If you can't cross a low fence on ALL 4 sides. Not just your pasture, then yes it is high fence. Idc if you own it or now. High fence is high fence and you know that lol. And I'm pretty sure that deer doesn't qualify for b&c. I'll hunt high fence any day. And I have a bunch. Not hating. Just stating facts. And just because you run into high fence doesn't mean all 4 sides are surrounded.

Comment

Holden pasture...

Comment

So will America be highfence or low when the way is built? Just joking

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      I do not believe it matters either way..

Comment

For me, if my big *** can't step over it, that ***** is high..

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          After the wall is up and taking into account that the east and west sides of the "USA Ranch" is fenced by water to wide to swim. I would say the ranch would be labeled as low fence due to the North not being high fenced. Which brings up the question, of a wall was built on the North would we all be hunting a "high fence" ranch?

If you think about some of us probably hunt a low fence next to a low fence that is blocked by a high fence and down the road the other direction you have another high fence. You could be hunting a high fence ranch without ever knowing it.

Comment

Im no fan of any HF But i can say i hunted the Junco many years ago and while driving down a remote road we saw 2 bucks in the middle of the road. We stopped about 30 yds away from them. They acted like they had never seen headlights. I was sitting on the tool box with my legs hanging down the side of the truck. They walked past my feet about 2 feet away.

Comment

If there is any way for animals to get out, I don't consider it a high fence operation. But it don't matter what the fences are like because I am eating the animals, not the fence

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Im no fan of any HF But i can say i hunted the Junco many years ago and while driving down a remote road we saw 2 bucks in the middle of the road. We stopped about 30 yds away from them. They acted like they had never seen headlights. I was sitting on the tool box with my legs hanging down the side of the truck. They walked past my feet about 2 feet away.
                                Crazy how deer who arent pressured act. Seen them come to corn 10yds from the truck in Mexico on one 100% LF

Comment

Working...
                                X