No announcement yet.

I have sleep apnea - CPAP questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a member on here who used to be a respiratory therapist.
    I forgot his screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      There's a member on here who used to be a respiratory therapist.
      I forgot his screen name.
      I'm pretty sure he's in the cooler.

Comment

Tagging this for later. I do my second sleep study in a couple weeks. Can't wait. I'm so dang tired it's driving me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          It can be serious, even deadly. Guy that used to work for me, his dad actually died... Had a couple of episodes of waking up like you describe, then one night, he didn't wake up... was in a coma for days, then the family finally had to unplug him... If you've had that type of event with your sleep, I'd go get it checked out!
          Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
          This! there have been people die in their sleep from sleep apnea!

Just one example:

Among those who have passed away in recent years are stars from Deadliest Catch, The Real World, Survivor, The Real Housewives, Buckwild, and The Bachelorette

I think the reason it is becoming so prevalent as more to do with Dr's figuring out how dangerous it can be coupled with more people hearing and asking about it. Add in the fact that our society is becoming more and more obese (myself included), and you have a recipie for a large increase in sleep apnea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          They found my HS best friend dead in the sleeper of his 18 wheeler. Sleep apnea was determined cause of death. After that, the mask was a lot easier to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
            There are new in box AirSense 10 Auto machines on Craigslist for $400. With that machine it's very simple to get it into Clinical Mode and make your settings. Literally takes 2 minutes start to finish to set it.
            What city are they listed on?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              What city are they listed on?

I was looking at them a few days ago on the Dallas CL.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                I was looking at them a few days ago on the Dallas CL.
                Ok, thanks.

Comment

In 2012 I was diagnosed with A Fib, My Cardiologist suggested a sleep study saying Apnea can and does contribute to A Fib. Sleep study determined I was BORDERLINE, Cardiologist said to get a CPAP. I've used a Resmed machine with full face mask for 4 years. Today I literally can not lie down and breathe without the CPAP going.....you definitely get addicted.
                  It didn't cure or help with the A Fib. I can't honestly say that I do not feel better using the CPAP.
                  If I had it to do over again, I'd never have gotten the CPAP. I've tried weaning myself off the CPAP but that's not happening.....when you're hooked on the machine, it's too late to turn back. If you're diagnosed with full blown Apnea it can and probably will help, if you're borderline, I'd think long and hard before doing it.....CPAP's are the true Hotel California in life.

Comment

CORRECTION....it should read that I can not tell I feel better since using the CPAP.

Comment

I was just laid off so I will no longer have my current insurance starting November 1st. I am going to wait until the new insurance kicks in to get my machine. I am currently going to have to pay for it 100% out-of-pocket, the new insurance couldn't cost me any more.

Comment

Tye on here is a Respiratory Therapist. Good friend of mine and who pushed me to finally get a sleep study done and glad I did.

Comment

Well, I couldn't find cheaper and/or better insurance, so I went with the same policy I had as COBRA. I've wasted a month, now I need to buy a machine and the supplies. Looks like I will still be paying for everything out of pocket.

Comment

I've tried numerous style mask and still can't sleep with the stupid thing. Hope You have better luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nasal pillows here....I couldn't stand the mask in the sleep study.

For those asking about cleaning the hose, I was told to fill it full of white vinegar and let it sit for 15-20....then rinse. It sure seems to help mine. I do the same thing with my reservoir and mask.

Comment

I'm currently a mouth breather when I sleep, I'm not sure if that will change when I start using the CPAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X