No announcement yet.

I have sleep apnea - CPAP questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the Phillips Respironics nasal pillow. It took me about a week to adjust to mine.

Comment

I did the whole thing it's a waste of money in my opinion. Couldn't handle the mask I would end up ripping it off during the night tried many different masks. It ain't for me anyway. I have friends who swear by it though.

Comment

Resmed has two machines Airsense and Airstart. Make sure you are comparing the same machine - they look alike.

I have the Airsense and the Airfit P10 mask and they seem to work well.

Comment

P.M. sent..

Comment

I've had mine for about 9 months. I use the Mirage Liberty Mask it is what they call a hybrid mask (it covers the mouth and has nasal pillows). I love it. I tried the full face mask first but would wake up ripping it off. Since I switched haven't had any problems. I can't use the nasal only because I sleep with my mouth open.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
              I have, over the year slept with four different ResMed Machines. Currently, ResMed CPAP AirSense 10 machine. My older machines, I use at my Ranch and as Travel Machines.

Everyone is different when it comes to masks. Me, Full Face ResMed Quatro Mirage. Some people cant stand the mask but what ever you use you will sleep better.
              This ^^^^^ You're gonna have to try some different masks cause we are all different in what is comfortable. I've been using one for twenty years and currently on about third or fourth mask style. Resmed is my machine now but the first one was as big as a small suitcase and loud as as washing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                Thanks for the information. I can't wait to get one and get a good nights sleep.
                I am trying to find out why the same machine is anywhere from $340 to $883. I can't see where any of them are refurbished units.
                After more reading, it looks like the cheaper models are not "auto" models and also have fixed pressure. I know that my doctor wanted my minimum setting at 5 and maximum set to 20. It's looking more like the $883 machine is what he wants me to use.

Comment

They will set it as your rx, but you can change settings as time goes on. bi - pap since 2005

Comment

The auto is. I've. I kicks in higher when you need it or it stays low when you aren't having any events. Also when you breathe out the airflow stops until you breathe in. I have the full mask but looking at trying one of the hybrids.

Comment

Got my appointment with the sleep doctor guy on Monday. Wish the process was faster.

Lots of good info in this thread for someone like me that knows nothing at all other than having sleep apnea.

Comment

I like mine so much I am trying to see about a battery powered one for when I go Boy Scout camping with my son

Comment

I use the full size mask, covers nose and mouth. I tried the one that covers the nose only but I didn't like the feeling of air being pushed up my nose. I could feel it all the way in the back of my throat. I use the machine you are getting easy to use. Just put distilled water in the chamber and turn on.

Comment

Bi pap since 09 I have to use the pillows because I'm severly clostophobic and cant spell.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                              I like mine so much I am trying to see about a battery powered one for when I go Boy Scout camping with my son
                              I have an inverter for mine that converts 12 volt to house current. Thought I would use it, but never did. I was gonna run it off a deep cycle battery.

Comment

Learn about the therapy. There are a couple of sites with other users. If yours has a data chip, download the dreamware software and load your data in it. Use the data to monitor your therapy. I probably hadn't had a real nights sleep for 40+ years before I got mine. Masks are a personal preference, find what you like. I use cpap.com, its cheaper than dealing with the insurance for me.

Quarterback, most cpaps are 12v, you can use a battery with the proper connector, and they sell adapter kits. The humidifiers use a lot of power, so if you can live without that, you should be able to get several nights with a fully charged gel cell.

Comment

Working...
                                X