I have sleep apnea - CPAP questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have sleep apnea - CPAP questions

I just had a sleep test. Doctor said I need an Auto-CPAP machine. This is all new to me. My insurance won't pay until I meet my deductible, so I will have to pay out of pocket. The sleep study doctor had a company out of Paris call me about getting a machine, but even they told me to order one on line for $500-$800, otherwise they would bill my insurance about 3 times that amount, while still won't meet my deductible. Regardless, I will be paying for it all.
    They did tell me my settings should be 5 over 20 with the C-flex set to 3. I searched here on TBH and see several use the ResMed CPAP AirSense 10 machine. It looks like this machine runs $883 on www.cpap.com Yet I also came across it for $340 here www.thecpapshop.com and $419 here www.directhomemedical.com That's a huge price difference!

Then when it comes to masks, I have no clue what to look for. Any help would be appreciated!

Tuned in.

Comment

I have, over the year slept with four different ResMed Machines. Currently, ResMed CPAP AirSense 10 machine. My older machines, I use at my Ranch and as Travel Machines.

Everyone is different when it comes to masks. Me, Full Face ResMed Quatro Mirage. Some people cant stand the mask but what ever you use you will sleep better.

Comment

Fighter pilot mask for me - I couldn't stand the nose pillows.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
          I have, over the year slept with four different ResMed Machines. Currently, ResMed CPAP AirSense 10 machine. My older machines, I use at my Ranch and as Travel Machines.

Everyone is different when it comes to masks. Me, Full Face ResMed Quatro Mirage. Some people cant stand the mask but what ever you use you will sleep better.
          Thanks for the information. I can't wait to get one and get a good nights sleep.
          I am trying to find out why the same machine is anywhere from $340 to $883. I can't see where any of them are refurbished units.

Comment

I have no idea what all the mask I tried on but I just went a got my CPAP machine 2 days ago and took home a full face Resmed I believe. 2 nights and I haven't been able to get use to it. I feel like I'm suffocating and jerk it off and go to sleep. Good Luck and this also came from Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the resmed airsense 10 and the mirage fx nasal mask. I have no complaints. It's the only mask that works well for me. I don't know about the price difference though. Maybe one is a rental?

Comment

Whomever you decide to purchase your CPAP from will have to have your prescription from your sleep Dr in order to set the pressures or your sleep Dr will have to set them for you when you get the machine. Not something you can do on your own.

I'd recommend getting your mask from CPAP.com and get the "return insurance." Costs about $20 but you may have to try several styles of mask before you find one that will work.

Good luck and stay with it, going to take a while before you get all of the equipment dialed in for you.

Comment

I've been fighting with my insurance company for about 3 months to get an in-home sleep study done and finally got that accomplished 3 weeks ago. Then a week ago tomorrow I was laid off from work. Since my insurance was through work, now I have to get on my wife's insurance at her job, or go get my own policy by the end of this month. Either option is roughly $700 a month for just my coverage, on high deductible plans.

Comment

Originally posted by BQ93 View Post
                    Fighter pilot mask for me - I couldn't stand the nose pillows.
                    This cuz I am use to it

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      I've been fighting with my insurance company for about 3 months to get an in-home sleep study done and finally got that accomplished 3 weeks ago. Then a week ago tomorrow I was laid off from work. Since my insurance was through work, now I have to get on my wife's insurance at her job, or go get my own policy by the end of this month. Either option is roughly $700 a month for just my coverage, on high deductible plans.
                      Isn't Affordable Health Care awesome!

Comment

The mask I use is called The Breeze.

Comment

I use the Quattro full face mask also.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            I use the resmed airsense 10 and the mirage fx nasal mask. I have no complaints. It's the only mask that works well for me. I don't know about the price difference though. Maybe one is a rental?

Same here. Nose pillows work great for me.

Comment

Changed my life buddy. However hard it is to get used to just do it. It took me 3 weeks to get used to mine. I had to have the dr prescribe me sleep medicine so I could fall asleep with the mask on. Don't take the medicine anymore. 2 years later and now I can't sleep without it the cpap.

Comment

Working...
                              X