No announcement yet.

I have sleep apnea - CPAP questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have located a used unit that is supposed to be a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. However, on the back of his unit the model number is show as "37028". I couldn't find this model number so I called ResMed this morning and gave them the serial number on the unit and she said the model is a "37208". She doesn't believe this is one of their units, maybe a copy-cat? If the numbers were transposed it would have been rejected at the factory. Does anyone have this model number on their ResMed AirSense 10? Thoughts? The unit I found has only been used about 2 weeks, but is 3 hours away near in Henrietta, TX so I can't see it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      I have located a used unit that is supposed to be a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. However, on the back of his unit the model number is show as "37028". I couldn't find this model number so I called ResMed this morning and gave them the serial number on the unit and she said the model is a "37208". She doesn't believe this is one of their units, maybe a copy-cat? If the numbers were transposed it would have been rejected at the factory. Does anyone have this model number on their ResMed AirSense 10? Thoughts? The unit I found has only been used about 2 weeks, but is 3 hours away near in Henrietta, TX so I can't see it in person.

I'll thry to remember to get a shot of the back of mine this evening and check the numbers.

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post

my current mask. very comfortable, but doesnt stay in place if you move a lot
      I flipped mine and put the plastic adjuster down and the velcro straps on top of my head, it has worked better for me this way. Also, the pillows sit at an angle and I had to figure out which angle stayed better in my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
        I'll thry to remember to get a shot of the back of mine this evening and check the numbers.

I flipped mine and put the plastic adjuster down and the velcro straps on top of my head, it has worked better for me this way. Also, the pillows sit at an angle and I had to figure out which angle stayed better in my nose.
        That mask doesnt have pillows at all, it just fits snug under your nose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Keith, the correct model number is 37028. I have this one, from a med supplier, so I think more training is needed for the customer service rep you talked to.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
            That mask doesnt have pillows at all, it just fits snug under your nose.

I see it now, not sure what else you can do with that setup. That one feeds on top, mine feeds at the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
              I see it now, not sure what else you can do with that setup. That one feeds on top, mine feeds at the nose.
              got a regular nose pillow mask ordered. we'll see how it works. I get 4-6 hrs a night out of my current mask so hopefully the nose pillow mask will work better

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                Keith, the correct model number is 37028. I have this one, from a med supplier, so I think more training is needed for the customer service rep you talked to.
                Thanks for the information. I am going to buy the machine from guy in Henrietta.

Comment

I got mine two years ago and love it full face mask. Sleep like a baby. Had forgotten what is was like to get a good nights sleep. Only problem I had at first was getting kicked and hit by the wife thinking I was not in bed and checking. She didnt hear my snoring and thought I was up and out of bed.

Comment

I am pretty sure you need a scrip to buy a mask. When I first started using a cpap, you didn't. I now have a scrip on file at cpap.com. Doesn't specify type of mask, so I get what I want. I use the last one pictured in this thread, cannot remember the model, and I really like it, but I have a mustache and cannot make some of the others work.

Comment

tag

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        I am pretty sure you need a scrip to buy a mask. When I first started using a cpap, you didn't. I now have a scrip on file at cpap.com. Doesn't specify type of mask, so I get what I want. I use the last one pictured in this thread, cannot remember the model, and I really like it, but I have a mustache and cannot make some of the others work.
                        They sell them daily on ebay, amazon, and other sites. No scrip needed.

Comment

My sleep doctor had several mask for me to try while i was there as everyone is different on what type of mask to use but it will make a difference

Comment

Check out American Home Patient as well. That's where I've been getting my supplies from. Not sure how prices are compared to others, but I order online, pay online (if needed) and they ship to my house within a few days. Easy peazy.

Comment

I stopped by a local medical supply place today and told them I wanted to buy a CPCP machine for cash. They quoted me "about $1200" for a machine. I saw a ResMed AirSense on their shelf and asked how much it was and he said "$1800 cash, without filing on insurance"! You can buy them all over for $883, or less, so they are making well over $1000 when you buy it with cash and apparently way more when filed on insurance! I think I found the business I need to be in!

Comment

welcome to our screwed up medical system. had blood work done last year. total before insurance was $20k! insurance "discount" was 98%, my part was $40. cash price was $60. then tge insurance had the nerve to send me a letter bragging they saved me $19960!!!!!!

my CPAP cost me $700 WITH insurance paying 80%! Cash price was $850. explain that ine to me!!!!

Last edited by fishingsetx; 11-07-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X