Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Could send commands before the app
    And could add multiple contacts on older models.
    Yes you can add 2-4 people on 2015 model but each person you add just lengthens the delay on the camera. So if you set it for a 30 second delay with 3 people its really like a 1.5-2 minute delay before the texts are sent and camera is ready again.

How can you send functions to your 2015 model? They did away with that

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    I love the app. I was able to click on my app and found put why my camera wasn't sending pics. It was because my battery was dead. I got three months on one set of batteries getting several hundred pics a day. With my older camera I was lucky to get 3 weeks of battery life because I had multiple people set to receive pics. Now they can just log in on the app and see what I see. I save more on batteries than the little extra I spend on the plan.
    HMMMMM.....My buddy has a 2016 and is getting 10-14 days from cheap AA's

Now Lithiums will get you longer but 3 months on 12AA's seems a bit long

My (3) 12v battery packs stay at 9 I love it

Comment

I put 12 lithium batteries in one of mine last time and it ran just under 3 months but I was not getting hundreds of pictures per day. Probably 50 pic/day average. One thing mine did with the lithium was go from 9 on the battery meter to dead instantly. Is that normal for lithium batteries? Like I got a picture that showed 9 on the battery meter and 2 minutes later got an email that my batteries were dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also gingib.... You may want to check your 12 volt batteries with an actual meter. It will show 9 on the camera until you get down to 6 volts on your 12 volt battery and the battery will be toast. The one I just built with the big panel will not keep up. Showed 12.8 volts when I started and after a month I checked it again with a meter and it was down to 11.5 volts but the camera still showed it as full because it only needs 6 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          Also gingib.... You may want to check your 12 volt batteries with an actual meter. It will show 9 on the camera until you get down to 6 volts on your 12 volt battery and the battery will be toast. The one I just built with the big panel will not keep up. Showed 12.8 volts when I started and after a month I checked it again with a meter and it was down to 11.5 volts but the camera still showed it as full because it only needs 6 volts.

Well I have 3 out with the same setup and no issues.. 2 have been out 1 month and my 2015 model has been out for 3 months with no issues and still at 9

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Well I have 3 out with the same setup and no issues.. 2 have been out 1 month and my 2015 model has been out for 3 months with no issues and still at 9

Apparently you don't understand what I'm saying. Unless you put a volt meter to your battery and check the voltage you won't know you have a problem until your battery is toast. A 12 volt battery being drained to below 6 volts can ruin it quickly.

Comment

Apparently you don't understand what I'm saying. Unless you put a volt meter to your battery and check the voltage you won't know you have a problem until your battery is toast. A 12 volt battery being drained to below 6 volts can ruin it quickly.
              I do understand. If I have gotten 3 months no issues and my buddy has gotten 8 months no problems then to me it is safe to say I won't have problems.

Comment

I do understand. If I have gotten 3 months no issues and my buddy has gotten 8 months no problems then to me it is safe to say I won't have problems.
                Have you put a volt meter on your battery and if so what was the reading? You haven't so you have no idea if you have a problem or not. I was just trying to help you but you just want to argue about it. Go put a meter on one and see for yourself. Maybe yours is keeping up, mine wasn't. It's impossible for you to say you don't have a problem without putting a meter to the battery and checking the voltage though. It may take a year for the camera to run your 12 volt battery down to 6 volts. Until it reaches 6 volts your battery meter will stay on 9. Do you know what running a 12 volt battery down to 6 volts does to it? I'm guessing you don't since you keep saying you don't have a problem when in fact you have no idea if you do or not. Maybe you and I define a "problem" differently. If my panel is not keeping my battery above 12 volts and is going to ruin my battery over the course of a year I consider it a problem. Maybe you're happy with letting it kill your batteries and replacing them every year. If so then you probably don't have a problem.

Comment

Have you put a volt meter on your battery and if so what was the reading? You haven't so you have no idea if you have a problem or not. I was just trying to help you but you just want to argue about it. Go put a meter on one and see for yourself. Maybe yours is keeping up, mine wasn't. It's impossible for you to say you don't have a problem without putting a meter to the battery and checking the voltage though. It may take a year for the camera to run your 12 volt battery down to 6 volts. Until it reaches 6 volts your battery meter will stay on 9. Do you know what running a 12 volt battery down to 6 volts does to it? I'm guessing you don't since you keep saying you don't have a problem when in fact you have no idea if you do or not. Maybe you and I define a "problem" differently. If my panel is not keeping my battery above 12 volts and is going to ruin my battery over the course of a year I consider it a problem. Maybe you're happy with letting it kill your batteries and replacing them every year. If so then you probably don't have a problem.
                  Sorry if it sounded like I was arguing as I am not. If the camera is at 9 and has not died or had any problems how can you say I have a problem? lol

If I have to replace a $20 battery after 365 days I am very happy

No I have not hooked it up to a volt meter. If I ever have problems I may do that and am also intrigued when the time comes

Comment

Sorry if it sounded like I was arguing as I am not. If the camera is at 9 and has not died or had any problems how can you say I have a problem? lol

If I have to replace a $20 battery after 365 days I am very happy

No I have not hooked it up to a volt meter. If I ever have problems I may do that and am also intrigued when the time comes

The camera runs on 6 volts. Therefore it will show 9 on the camera until your battery gets down to 6 volts. A 12 volt battery at 6 volts is a problem. Understand now?

Comment

I think you and I just have different goals. I wanted a solution that would make my camera pretty much trouble free. I didn't want to have to touch it again once set up and with the right set up I think I can still make it work properly. If you're ok with replacing the battery every so often then I wouldn't worry about the panel not keeping up. To me though it was pointless to rig all that up in my case only to have the battery eventually drain anyway.

The panel I have on mine now is a large feeder panel that puts out 1.5 watts. I bought a 10 watt solar panel and a charge regulator to put on mine. I'm 99 percent sure I will have no more battery drain problems. My OCD will not let me settle for still draining the battery but draining it more slowly. I need it to keep up and stay charged.

Comment

Covert camera wireless App?

I don't think you'll have any issue with a 10w panel, if it's location is at all sunny. That's a lot of panel for application, but with the charge regulator you'll be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          I don't think you'll have any issue with a 10w panel, if it's location is at all sunny. That's a lot of panel for application, but with the charge regulator you'll be good to go.

It will be in West Texas where there are no trees and full sun. I was surprised that my 12 volt battery was losing ground slowly with my current panel. It's a pretty large panel. My camera will be 7 hours away and I really want a permanent set up before leaving it there.

Comment

I have a 2.88 Watt 150mA solar panel on all 3 of my rigs and never had a problem on any of them over a combined 12 months on 3 of them with that including several months on my old 2015's before I got new 2016's

And my buddy has his out for 7-9 months with no issues either.

The 12v panel I have blows any other cheap feeder panel out of the water. And these are with cheap 7AH feeder batteries.

My uncle put a 5 watt panel with controller on his and it's only been 3 weeks but also has no problems.

Comment

I have a 2.88 Watt 150mA solar panel on all 3 of my rigs and never had a problem on any of them over a combined 12 months on 3 of them with that including several months on my old 2015's before I got new 2016's

And my buddy has his out for 7-9 months with no issues either.

The 12v panel I have blows any other cheap feeder panel out of the water. And these are with cheap 7AH feeder batteries.

My uncle put a 5 watt panel with controller on his and it's only been 3 weeks but also has no problems.

Can you post a link to that panel? That may be what I need to get for my 2nd camera.

Comment

Can you post a link to that panel? That may be what I need to get for my 2nd camera.
                                I got it from Ultramatic a long time back. My uncle tried getting it and he ran out of them and is not going to carry them anymore.

So he then bought a 5 Watt panel with controller on some battery place online and all seems good so far.

It sucks, as I love these panels and IMO I think they are the ticket

Comment

Working...
                                X