No announcement yet.

Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to ask what the advantage of having the tender in that circuit instead of having the panel wired direct to the battery. I know nothing about this stuff so thanks for educating me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PowThudBeer View Post
      Have to ask what the advantage of having the tender in that circuit instead of having the panel wired direct to the battery. I know nothing about this stuff so thanks for educating me.

A 10 watt panel putting out over 20 volts would cook a feeder 12 volt battery and ruin it. The tender limits the voltage and also stops charging when the battery gets fully charged.

Comment

Where did you purchase that 10w panel? Did it come with mounting hardware? That setup should last for the life of the battery 3 to 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          Where did you purchase that 10w panel? Did it come with mounting hardware? That setup should last for the life of the battery 3 to 5 years

I bought it on amazon and it didn't come with any mounting hardware. That's a roof support for a golf cart that I cut and mounted it with.

Comment

Thanks. Do you think I would need to add a tender with this panel?

Comment

No but that's the panel I started with and it will not keep up. It's only like 1.8 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                No but that's the panel I started with and it will not keep up. It's only like 1.8 watts.

Rats. I'll look at upgrading panels. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Rats. I'll look at upgrading panels. Thanks for the help.

No problem. I'm experimenting myself so I learned the hard way that panel won't cut it. Good luck.

Comment

Just ordered the same panels you are using now. Anyone want to buy two brand new ultramatic 12v solar panels?

Comment

Just ordered the same panels you are using now. Anyone want to buy two brand new ultramatic 12v solar panels?

Be prepared, it's large.

Comment

Oh wow. I have some feeder leg sections from an old Moultrie feeder I'm going to bend and repurpose similar to how yours is mounted. Thanks for all the help and for your posts.

Comment

Oh wow. I have some feeder leg sections from an old Moultrie feeder I'm going to bend and repurpose similar to how yours is mounted. Thanks for all the help and for your posts.

You're welcome. Post up pictures when you finish it.

Comment

You can just wire the 2 panels together and get double the watts

Comment

No that panel from ultramatic will not keep up

So I told you my batteries went down to 6. Well then they went to 7 and been at 9 again for over 24 hours with 75 pics last night. SO I guess the panel I have is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                No that panel from ultramatic will not keep up

So I told you my batteries went down to 6. Well then they went to 7 and been at 9 again for over 24 hours with 75 pics last night. SO I guess the panel I have is perfect

That's good to know. So, I suppose it takes around a 2.5 to 3 watt panel to do the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X