Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    I can see how some features of the Spartan app would be useful. I honestly don't have a problem with getting my pictures in my email though. There is nothing difficult or time consuming about it. My phone goes ding... I click on the email...either save the picture or delete it...and I'm done. I can zoom in right there in the email if I want to. It doesn't take any more data to email it to me than the send it to a remote server. I'm having trouble with the flash on one of my cameras right now and I'm hoping they don't make me "upgrade" when I call in to get it fixed.
    Yes but it uses data....and also I don't want to download 50-70 pics a day each time I get a pic.

PIA if you ask me and use a 30 sec or 1 min delay and have it over a feeder

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Yes but it uses data....and also I don't want to download 50-70 pics a day each time I get a pic.

PIA if you ask me and use a 30 sec or 1 min delay and have it over a feeder

I don't understand what you're saying. What uses data? Download 50-70 pics each time you get a picture? I'm not following. It goes ding and I click on my email and the picture is there. Then I either delete it or save it right then. I don't see how that's different from the app. You said you get a notification on your phone and click on the app to view the picture correct? How is that different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get them thru email you have to get online to access your email, which uses data unless on WIFI.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          If you get them thru email you have to get online to access your email, which uses data unless on WIFI.

How are you seeing them on your app if they are sent to a remote server without Internet?

Comment

Yes, when you have them sent to email and you check it via cellular data, it uses data on your cell phone plan. It's really a negligible amount on most people's cell phone plans though...probably 300mb/month at most.

I've got 10 email addresses programmed into my Spartan account. The cameras can send to all 10 of those email addresses and the data use on the camera's data plan is the same as if I was just having pictures sent to the app.

Comment

Are you saying having them sent to the app doesn't use cellular data? Seems to me it's the same picture whether it's coming from the email server to your device or the covert server to your device. Unless you're on wifi either one will use the same data. Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

You are correct. Whether sent to email or app, data is used if not on wifi

Comment

There's two different pools of data in use: data for the camera and data for your cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    There's two different pools of data in use: data for the camera and data for your cell phone.

That's what I thought. You would actually have the ability to use more data on the app both on the camera and on your cell phone depending on the size picture you have sent.

Comment

Can the app be installed on a pc or can you access your pictures from a pc? One thing I like about having them emailed is if I'm sitting at my desk I just open it on my 24" monitor instead of my phone.

Comment

Both Covert & Spartan App can be installed on Apple devices and android devices. You can view the web portal for each from any pc.

Comment

Do y'all think that changing the settings on a Covert burns batteries at all?

Comment

I have the app for my 2016 code black.I'm not real happy with it.I would rather have the camera text pictures to my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              Do y'all think that changing the settings on a Covert burns batteries at all?

If you have real time on yes, in a big way. Otherwise it's just executing a one time command to change the settings and uses very little battery in doing so.

Comment

Roscoe: SO I guess I didn't think about it. When I open the app to view pics I am using cellular data?

If so, its not nearly as much as opening Safari and downloading 50-70 pics a day off email is it? It cant be

Comment

Working...
                                X