Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots and lots of dove

Comment

Nice 8 just came in, looked at feeder, left.

Comment

Nothing here yet but the dove.

Comment

Same in Hall co. Lot's of dove. No deer.

Comment

My lease is in both Stonewall and Kent county I am in blind right now perfect morning haven't seen a thing. I have been here 4 days and I have seen 4 deer I usually see at least 8-10 every time I sit. Multiple times this year I have not seen a deer and that has just not happened in the past

Comment

I've got good numbers of deer. Fewer bucks, but doe numbers are steady. Movement is just down for whatever reason. Haven't seen any mule deer but they just seem to pass through whenever it suits them.

Comment

Back in Childress this morning. Deer movement is terrible and has steadily gotten worse since last Saturday. Went from seeing 10-15 a morning to being lucky to see 5 now and still nothing over 3 1/2 all season.

Comment

Movement has been bad here. Worst I have seen in a long time.

Comment

I am absolutely covered up in quail this morning though. Easy 4 or 5 coveys just from the stand. Maybe I'm doing the wrong kind of hunting?

Comment

What do y'all think the problem is? This is only my second season in Foard co so I don't really have much to compare it to. Last season was a lot better than this one so far but we missed the rut year even though we were there a lot. Drought effects? Locked down with does? Too many varmints? Combination of all?
                      We have a little more pics at night but they aren't completely nocturnal. No mature bucks at all, which we had last year. Strangest season ive had, very discouraging so say the least.
                      Any opinions from you experienced guys out there?

Comment

I think a lot of deer must have died last winter. I have hunted my butt off, hiking and glassing (not just sitting over a feeder). Not seeing many deer at all. It's a bummer.

Comment

I think part of the problem is all of what you mentioned, but all the rain we had and the green up enabled the deer to spread out a little and not have to move far for food.

It's not like all the mature bucks just died off. We've had great conditions almost since last season. The big boys just aren't moving much.

Comment

First deer of the morning at 10:14. Young buck.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              I think part of the problem is all of what you mentioned, but all the rain we had and the green up enabled the deer to spread out a little and not have to move far for food.

It's not like all the mature bucks just died off. We've had great conditions almost since last season. The big boys just aren't moving much.
                              This, I am just the opposite on my place. Most of my deer leave in mid November and come back in December. This year they seemed to hang around, but it could be my land owner planted his wheat way before everyone else this year. As a result it is taller and greener than anyone else's around me.

Comment

I cut my teeth as a big woods hunter in the south. Believe me when I say big woods hunters hate a bumper acorn crop.

Comment

Working...
                                X