No announcement yet.

2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He came in twice, I didn't shot, so guess he needed to be past on. Second largest deer i have seen this year. slow years male me double and triple think size. I think his antlers started growing as I watched him. .

Comment

Yep, completely understand. This 3 year old I've passed twice may get a free ride in the truck if he shows again. He'd be a stud next year.

Comment

Strange, but great, i have only seen one broken tine this year. Still no real sign of full rut, and not that many doe at feeders.

Comment

Pretty 8, Brian.

Comment

No deer yesterday. Got stung twice by wasps. No deer this morning. Shots going off to the west.

Comment

I got stung in the ear too.

Comment

Im going to lipscomb county today. I had to cancel my last trip due to weather and bad roads. Maybe I can put another on the ground. Since I shot our 10 point my son is taking his bow this evening and trying steer deer or a nice 9 we've been seeing. I need some freezer meat!

Comment

Great buck, JP. Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Getting a steady west Texas breeze now.

Comment

I had 3-3 year old 8 points, one small 6, two spikes, 2 does and 2 fawns at the monster blind yesterday evening. Then a 3 year old 10 point came in. That was the most deer I have seen all year. None of the bucks were chasing except the little spike was kind of pushing them around. It was tempting to whack and 8 point but all of the bucks were good deer and needed a few more years. I hope something bigger comes in before the year is over.

Comment

Last sit of Thanksgiving week. Would rather be sleeping the way this week has been. We shall see what happens.

Comment

Last set for me as well. Had chores yesterday so didn't hunt the afternoon. Got to love texas weather. 80 for the high, and 20 for the low today. Hope per front movement this am.

Comment

Had good chasing action last night. Had a two and three year old dogging four does hard. Very encouraging. Good luck to all.

Comment

8 pt just strolled thru. Hear corn vultures close by

Comment

3 doe. Looking good so far

Comment

Working...
                                X