No announcement yet.

2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a hard decision after seeing some of your other trail cam pics.

Comment

Seeing quite a bit of action in between Quanah and Childress. Some chasing but not full on rut yet. A lot if young 8s but no shooters. Broyher saw a very solid 8 this morning but he was full on chasing. Never stopped following trail. Good luck the rest of the week guys. I think tomorrow and Friday should be solid. Never a bad day in the woods!!

Comment

Really moving or i can just see better. 3 eights and a ten, 2 doe so far this afternoon. Grunt tube really working. Oh, in rifle stand.

Comment

They came in after Grunt tube ready for a fight. These Bucks still in groups of 2

Comment

Just had a doe and fawn running through the creek 100 yards to my west.

Comment

All the bucks and 2 doe moved from 3:15 to 430. Only 1 doe past 430. I should have gotten to stand earlier.

Comment

Ok gentlemen, so is the rut days away or more in to early December? Will it be good this weekend? (In Foard co)

Comment

I would say that it will be kicking up pretty good by the weekend.

Comment

Went back to the farm for the first time n 2 weeks.Saw this big boy at 400 yards,just a tad to far for the Z7.Maybe he will give me a shot in the next 2 days.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone know how the movement is in southern cottle county? Thinking about going this weekend.

Comment

My dad shot this buck Monday night

Comment

Congrats to your old man, very nice buck!!!

Comment

He Let this buck walk for the last 2 days looking and waiting on what we have on camera he said he couldn't stand it any more let the air out of him .

Comment

Looks like warm and windy weekend. Hope it doesn't shut them down. If they are rutting it probably won't matter too much. But if just starting it may cause them to be more nocturnal.

Comment

Slowest I have ever seen it in Foard County. Has anyone pulled any mid day sits. Have been hunting til 10:30 and back at 3:30. Haven't seen a deer at the feeder in 2 days yet no corn from the AM and noon throw on the ground when I get here in the afternoons.

Comment

Working...
                                X