2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only buck a saw all year was at 1230

If they were eating my corn between 1030 and 330 i think i would have to sit then and find out whats eating it. We have lots of dove and quail that will clean up some corn. This deer was shot 2 days ago in Foard co. Said he was chasing a doe.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm seeing most bucks in the late morning 930 to 1100, and early afternoon 3 to 4. I need to do an all days set, but need to pick a more comfortable stand than I'm in today.

Comment

I took my father in law out and we saw several doe 3 different bucks and a spork. Only 1 buck was with a doe. The others were by themselves.

Comment

Going to be awfully warm this weekend though. Darn it.

Comment

First buck of the morning. Looked like a mature 8, but about 300+ yards out.

Comment

Buck 2 following first one. ... Wrong direction for me ..

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
                Not many bucks on my cams like there usually are kinda dishearting. Did get this new buck. First pic ive had of him since last year, cant decide whether to shoot or give him one more year. What would yall do?

Well me and my dad saw him last night! But he broke his dang g2 off. Owell maybe a new one will come through. Hope every1 has a good thanksgiving!

Comment

That sucks !!!! That's one of the drawbacks of rut. Seems like all the nice bucks around Allison get broke. He might have been in a riot because one of his unarmed brothers got shot.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Anyone score tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
                        Well me and my dad saw him last night! But he broke his dang g2 off. Owell maybe a new one will come through. Hope every1 has a good thanksgiving!
                        That's a lot of g2 to break. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          That's a lot of g2 to break. Sorry to hear that.

Agreed, broke it smooth off... im not guna shoot a deer if he is broke up. There will always be next yr, maybe another good one will come along

Comment

Sorry to hear that, by the end of December most of mine are broke up

Comment

All reports from 2 leases in our area are it SUCKS as far as movement. No mevement period since Wed morning. Worst we have ever seen in this area. Not sure if it will change.

Comment

Still slow here. Saw one doe and one young 8 last night. Only one day this year have i had really good movement, which was the day after That b ig front came thru, and before it got real cold. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X