No announcement yet.

Can I legally shoot a drone down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STI needs to make a TBH predator drone to defend against drones.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Was informed that shooting one down is criminal mischief and the charge would be Criminal Mischief and the degree would be based off the price of the drone. Advice is to use binos and get FFA # off the drone and call local LE. It was advised to call local LE first time it was observed and make the report and then look for the # and pursue criminal charges against the drone owner. The camera may be there only to drive or operate the drone.
      Wish the answer was take buckshot to the drone. It makes me very mad. My personal thought is I paid alot of money for my property and privacy and the operation of a low flying craft over said property is a violation of my privacy and trespassing.
      Then Criminal Mischief it would be.

Jury Trial, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

Jury Trial, please.

2X

Comment

Originally posted by Team Roper View Post
          Any one know where I can get a tracking pigeon? I shot a drone with a Rage this morning and I can't find it.
          LOL! Time to train a buzzard.

Comment

Was informed that shooting one down is criminal mischief and the charge would be Criminal Mischief and the degree would be based off the price of the drone. Advice is to use binos and get FFA # off the drone and call local LE. It was advised to call local LE first time it was observed and make the report and then look for the # and pursue criminal charges against the drone owner. The camera may be there only to drive or operate the drone.
            Wish the answer was take buckshot to the drone. It makes me very mad. My personal thought is I paid alot of money for my property and privacy and the operation of a low flying craft over said property is a violation of my privacy and trespassing.
            What if you were just out there casting your rod and reel and acedentally hook a flying object?

Comment

I'm thinking shoot the thing from where the camera can't see you and get rid of it. Then deny, deny, deny.

Comment

I shoot it down for sure! Then make me a sweet BBQ pit out of it!

Comment

I would still blast it out if the air and burn it. Dispose of the evidence that is unburnable in a local lake. Then if he has proof you shot it, then you have dirt on him
                  Last edited by txhoghunter73; 05-14-2014, 01:20 PM. Reason: Autocorrected shot to a bad word:(

Comment

Yup. I'll call you a ticket and I'll raise you 1 jury trial!

Comment

Shoot it from where he cant see you. Then call the cops on a trespasser trying to get on your property for some reason you have no idea about.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        "Officer I thought it was one of them thare flyin' ufo saucers.I ain't a gittin' probed by no alien,no sir."

Of course dressed in raggedy torn bibs with no shirt or shoes on.

DJ
                        ^^^ My thoughts exactly!! Play dumb and deny till you die!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

Jury Trial, please.
                          I like it!

Comment

Would make a nice pair of boots. Call it Google wear.

Does OP have a paypal account? I'd be game to donate for a "predator drone"

BTW, this thread was getting larger faster than I could read it. Every time I clicked on the next page, there was a new page...lol.

Comment

Depending on how low it's flying...a monofilament cast net or those fine thread nets that they use to catch birds. Camera most likely dosnt have the resolution to see the small threads. Might just catch you a keeper drone. Dont forget, you have to cut the notch on your tag, can't just fill it in with pen.

Comment

Snap a pic of it. Go to a hobby shop that sells them and ask them what kind of transmitter will operate it. Buy a handful of frequency chips and the controler. Next time if flies over take over the controls, crash it and return your controler.

Comment

Working...
                                X