No announcement yet.

Can I legally shoot a drone down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a entertaining thread no doubt.

Originally posted by SAVIOUR68 View Post
    Anythings legal til ya get caught,fire awayyyyyy
    So where is your lease/property? Does it have county road frontage? As long as I can get the deer in the truck and home without getting caught, I'm not a poacher, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
      This has been a entertaining thread no doubt.

So where is your lease/property? Does it have county road frontage? As long as I can get the deer in the truck and home without getting caught, I'm not a poacher, right?
      Depends if your from east Texas because everyone thinks all poachers are from there

Comment

I would try and follow it if possible, take pics of it over your place and if you find the operator take pics of him or her and turn into the law dogs. If keep happening blast away

Comment

Get remote control helicopter with camera and follow it.

When it happens have you gone out to 3405 and see if anyone is parked out by the road.

Not saying I'd shoot it, but there would be a basketball, football, etc. flying at it if it came over my house. I'd also call Wil Co and see what they think about it.

Comment

I"m pretty sure my sons little remote control helicopter would be having a dog fight with the drone. Might even go Kamikaze on it.

Comment

Is it still coming around?

Comment

There are different ways to video from the quad. There is a thing called FPV (fly per view) where the operator can see what the camera sees. Most of the quads have the capability of FPV but the range is usually around 100 yards. This of course doesn't mean that he isn't flying it without FPV and just video taping with it. The range of the controllers is usually around 300 meters so whoever is doing this is relatively close and may even be watching the drone as they fly it. He may be watching you in person as you shoot it down. If he is that close he also may be trespassing too.

I have one and would not dream of invading someone's privacy with a camera. I live in town and can't say I would shoot one with a shotgun but I would **** sure wear out a pellet gun trying to bring it down. If I lived out in the country it would be SSS.

If it is white it is probably a DJI Phantom and depending on the model, worst case scenario if the law made you pay for it you are looking at about a grand.

Shoot it!

Comment

Can you get a gun that shoots a net and "catch" it? A bunch of BS by the way. You ought to be able to blow that thing out of the sky.

Comment

Back in the day when I was a private pilot it was a minimum of 1000 ft ABL, or above ground level for civil aircraft. Have no idea about ground controlled aircraft. Carry on.

Comment

These things have a lot of different uses and are a blast to fly and have fun with. Unfortunately, like everything else, some jakehole will do something with one of them that is not responsible or smart and they will be regulated to the hilt or outlawed. There is a jacka#% in every pasture!!

Comment

Let's see how good your lassoing skills are. Or how about a cast net?

I'm still thinking someone is sitting out by your mailbox area off of 3405 flying it around. They can't be too far away.

Comment

So are they required to have a FAA number?
                          No number how do you report?
                          I'm guessing if it has no number then it's not an "official" drone.
                          The Search and Rescue Team were recently denied a permit I thought on the news.
                          Shooting an official drone down versus some nutjob casing your property seems like too different things.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                            So are they required to have a FAA number?
                            No number how do you report?
                            I'm guessing if it has no number then it's not an "official" drone.
                            The Search and Rescue Team were recently denied a permit I thought on the news.
                            Shooting an official drone down versus some nutjob casing your property seems like too different things.
                            I believe that the FAA currently has regulations more toward commercial uses and leaves most private use unrestricted.

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                              not sure what everyone's afraid of here....whatcha hiding??

hope none of you drive by the google maps cars...good Lordy we'll have mass murderings because they're filming you in the "street view".

I've got nothing to hide...so drone away.

unless I'm in my stand hunting...then it gets a warning shot! ha.
                              You have nothing to hide so you'll give up your liberty just cause of that ?

Comment

Any LDPs yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X