Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I join the TBH club? Do I have to do it online?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I downloaded the app and joined the TBH club at STRAVA - I'm excited to get back on the bike!
      I'm just getting back on myself... seeing these other guys at 20 miles a day is a pretty good motivator!

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
      I think you can search for clubs in the app but I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
        I went to www.strava.com and registered then clicked on "Clubs". When you do your club search use texasbowhunter (one word)

Comment

Thanks guys...I found it and joined. Now it's time to hit the road/trails.

Comment

Hey jerp I see you live in Aledo, you should ride in the Weatherford Peach Pedal this Saturday.

Comment

Welcome Jerp...I'm fixin to go hit the hot road now. I'm pretty acclimated, dont hardly break a sweat for the first 5 miles.
              My bull elk come September is gonna have his hands full! Hope so anyway (grin).

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                Hey jerp I see you live in Aledo, you should ride in the Weatherford Peach Pedal this Saturday.
                Yeah I thought about that - it's a fun ride. However it has been so long since I've ridden I don't know if I could even do the 25 mile circuit - especially in this heat. I would be really embarrassed if I ended up on the sag wagon my first time out!

Comment

Do they have "Washing the Car" on their activity list? I just got finished with mine and feels like I burned 1000 calories.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I downloaded the app and joined the TBH club at STRAVA - I'm excited to get back on the bike!
                    Welcome Jerp!
                    If memory serves, you ride a Litespeed?
                    I've been updating mine and putting the old parts on my cyclocross commuter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	litespeed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	24314486

Rode her to work yesterday.
                    Decided to big-ring the half mile Garden Villa segment, you know, just to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KOM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24314487

Comment

That is a slick looking ride! Mine is an old "Ultimate" - from back when they were made in Tennessee. I took it into the shop for a tune up - ended up buying tires, new shoes, a new helmet, new gloves and a jersey. I'm dang sure going to have to get back into it now!

I ran into 7sdad at the bike shop - he was there picking up his packet for the Peach Pedal ride - nice to meet you Ronnie! (He saw my TBH sticker)
                      Last edited by jerp; 07-09-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

It was great meeting you also John !

We talked about having a TBH ride one of these weekend so who ever else wants to come alone 'm ready. It can be a slow roll so everyone (me) can stay up and enjoy the ride.

Comment

We talked about having a TBH ride one of these weekend so who ever else wants to come alone 'm ready. It can be a slow roll so everyone (me) can stay up and enjoy the ride.
                          Heck it'd have to be real slow if ya want me to keep up

Comment

I would be in for this depending on timing

Comment

I may have to give this Strava app a try. I'm usually not very good with phone apps though. I forget to use them. I sometimes forget to activate the computer on the bike till I look down and the screen is blank. I'll give it a try before I pollute the TBH group.

Since everyone is posting pics of their bikes, I'll follow suit. Here is my MtB. 1993 GT Karakoram with the cow horn handle bars and black light paint scheme (except for the fork that I added years later). The bike is 21 yrs old and still rides smooth. Some of my friends want me to buy a new bike but I don't want to retire this one.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Put in my longest ride yet 9.2 miles!!! Im coming for all you road guys

Comment

Working...
                                X