No announcement yet.

Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great week of riding by everyone. My buddy Ryan killed it again this week and I'm sure glad he's pulling and pushing me at the HHH !!!!

On another note, Ryan lives in Oklahoma and us Texas boys shouldn't let him beat us like this. LOL

Comment

The Tour de France started yesterday and is being broadcast on NBCSports. Maybe watching will get me a little more motivated to get on my bike more!

Comment

Yes everyone did a lot of riding this week. Congrats on a great job. I thought I had a trade worked out for a road bike but it did not happen. I will be buying a road bike soon and everyone will be in trouble then. Looking forward to this next week.
        Last edited by aggie2000tx; 07-06-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

It's been a long time since I rode my road bike. I've been riding my Mt bike on the road. My road bike is not comfortable like my Mt bike is.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            It's been a long time since I rode my road bike. I've been riding my Mt bike on the road. My road bike is not comfortable like my Mt bike is.
            You ought to ride your mtb on the trails. Been hitting them in the mornings at least once a week but would like to go more. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
              You ought to ride your mtb on the trails. Been hitting them in the mornings at least once a week but would like to go more. Let me know if you are interested.
              Oh, I do every once in a while. I stay on the paved trails though. Going off road kills my shoulders. My problem is motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                Oh, I do every once in a while. I stay on the paved trails though. Going off road kills my shoulders. My problem is motivation.
                Lots of things could be a factor when it comes to shoulder pain. Your bike could be setup wrong and putting unnecessary strain on your body. Is your front shot setup correctly etc...

I could show you some smooth single track that is much more enjoyable than the paved paths.

I pulled the trigger on some Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires for my mtb commuter bike. Now I just need to find a good set of carbon wheels.

Comment

New tires and 2-3 rides per week should help to get my time down. The 800ft of climbing & fat 2" mtb tires took their toll as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the Jakroo cycling jerseys are out for delivery to me today. I'll have them in the mail to you all tomorrow...and y'all can wear them this weekend

Comment

Well I had tire issues yesterday so no ride for me. Got new tires today and just got finished mounting them. Will ride this evening for sure on my new tread. Went with a semi slick tire on my mountain bike this time around. Hopefully I will get some more speed today with them on.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        Well I had tire issues yesterday so no ride for me. Got new tires today and just got finished mounting them. Will ride this evening for sure on my new tread. Went with a semi slick tire on my mountain bike this time around. Hopefully I will get some more speed today with them on.
                        Sounds like the road I'm headed down. I'm turning my mtb into a commuter. What kind of tires did you go with? Do you have pics of them?

Comment

Stopped to help these guys fix a busted chain. By help I mean I had the right tool & they did all the work...lol
                          Good on you, grill.
                          Nice pics, too.

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                          That dadgum thing had to have been over 9' long. UGH...please let that be the last time I ever see a snake in those conditions.
                          Nope..Nope..
                          Not sure I could go back there, lol.

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                          On another note, Ryan lives in Oklahoma and us Texas boys shouldn't let him beat us like this. LOL
                          We didn't.

Here's last weeks results:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	week7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	24314357

The TBH group rode 651 miles last week.
                          That's a new record for us.
                          Nice job everybody.

Toby, Mary, John and Glenn all stepped up their mileage.

And remember:
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2QApwtE8zQ"]Michael Conrad, "Let's be careful out there" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sounds like the road I'm headed down. I'm turning my mtb into a commuter. What kind of tires did you go with? Do you have pics of them?
                            I will get some pictures of them for you. I had some expensive WTB Wolverine tubeless tires on before. These tires were a whole lot cheaper than those

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              I will get some pictures of them for you. I had some expensive WTB Wolverine tubeless tires on before. These tires were a whole lot cheaper than those
                              It's amazing how much they charge for tires. I could get a whole set at Pep Boys for about the same amount.

Comment

Here is what I have on my mtb now. They have a fairly deep tread but are still "slick" enough to give a smooth ride. I've had them for about a year, haven't had a flat yet. I bought them at the Performance Bike shop on 281 & Thousand Oaks.

Designed for durable, all-around performance, the Fort Gotham ST Road Tires are perfect for commuting, training or just cruisin' around town.... FT10G700-P

Comment

Working...
                                X