Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job john !

Comment

Well I am having more issues today. I am way down from last week

Comment

After yesterday, I am totally down with a group ride! As long as you skinny wheelers don't mind slowing down a little so my wide tires can keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
          Put in my longest ride yet 9.2 miles!!! Im coming for all you road guys
          Great job! You will be searching for long mileage routes in no time now.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            I may have to give this Strava app a try. I'm usually not very good with phone apps though. I forget to use them. I sometimes forget to activate the computer on the bike till I look down and the screen is blank. I'll give it a try before I pollute the TBH group.

Since everyone is posting pics of their bikes, I'll follow suit. Here is my MtB. 1993 GT Karakoram with the cow horn handle bars and black light paint scheme (except for the fork that I added years later). The bike is 21 yrs old and still rides smooth. Some of my friends want me to buy a new bike but I don't want to retire this one.
            Hey man, if it ain't broke don't fix it. If your bike keeps you motivated then it's all good.

Comment

Hitting the trails this evening around 7:30pm. We will ride until it gets dark. Hoping to get in 10-12 miles.

Comment

Well, I did my first ride in almost 3 years this morning. I rode for 55 minutes - don't know how far because not only is the battery dead in my cycle computer, but I screwed up on the Strava. I hit "record" and stuck it in my jersey when I took off, but when I went to stop it at the end of the ride I found it had been on "pause" from about 2 minutes in. Don't know exactly how that happened. Do any of you mount your Iphone on your handlebars?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Well, I did my first ride in almost 3 years this morning. I rode for 55 minutes - don't know how far because not only is the battery dead in my cycle computer, but I screwed up on the Strava. I hit "record" and stuck it in my jersey when I took off, but when I went to stop it at the end of the ride I found it had been on "pause" from about 2 minutes in. Don't know exactly how that happened. Do any of you mount your Iphone on your handlebars?
                  Way to go Jerp! 55 minutes for your first time in three years is a great start. You'll be doing the long rides in no time. As far as my phone goes, I just put it in a plastic baggie and throw it one of my jersey pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by jhatt87 View Post
                    Way to go Jerp! 55 minutes for your first time in three years is a great start. .
                    Thanks, it felt good to get out again. I've been running quite a bit since I quit riding but that fitness does not really transfer. I had almost no power - spent almost the entire ride on the small chain ring and I felt the burn even on moderate hills. After about 30 minutes it was like my legs woke up and said "hey I remember this - we're supposed to 'make circles'!"

Comment

Thanks, it felt good to get out again. I've been running quite a bit since I quit riding but that fitness does not really transfer. I had almost no power - spent almost the entire ride on the small chain ring and I felt the burn even on moderate hills. After about 30 minutes it was like my legs woke up and said "hey I remember this - we're supposed to 'make circles'!"
                      Just know that as you get more in shape it doesn't get any easier, you just go faster.

Comment

Started my contribution today...Going for a trail ride this evening and will try to add 10-12 more miles to my tally.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do any of you mount your Iphone on your handlebars?
                          I do... look on ebay. They have lots of options for fairly cheap...

Comment

Wallyworld carries one that's pretty decent. I think it cost $15.

Comment

Can Strava be setup to talk to you as you ride? One of my other apps give me my mileage and pace every 5 minutes.

Comment

Call me Mr. Jefferson baby...I'm Movin' on Up!

From 14 to 7. Been a good week of riding for me.

Today the wife and I hit the Missions trails downtown. One of the best rides I've had. Very few people and lots of scenery. Stopped off at the Espada Dam. You can see the old dam and what they've made in it's place.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X