No announcement yet.

Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just got back from another ride. Riding behind a mail truck on a busy farm market road sucks

Comment

I just tried to ride...got in .5 miles and catastrophe
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404583095.825582.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	24313940

Really nice guy on snow/sand bike (56 lbs of crazy looking bike) stopped to help. Threads are stripped. At bike shop now.

So relieved it did not happen yesterday when I was hauling it through parts of Leon. Could have gotten bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        I just tried to ride...got in .5 miles and catastrophe
        [ATTACH]632270[/ATTACH]

Really nice guy on snow/sand bike (56 lbs of crazy looking bike) stopped to help. Threads are stripped. At bike shop now.

So relieved it did not happen yesterday when I was hauling it through parts of Leon. Could have gotten bad.
        Did it come out while riding? That could have been real bad.

FWIW the threads don't look stripped in the picture shown. Were the threads of your crank arm stripped?

I use the same pedals on my 29er commuter bike. They've been great so far.

Comment

Yes, while riding up a steep hill. Caught myself but cut my leg "a little" in the process. The guy at the park worked on it...was stripped on pedal and crank. He straightened pedal as much as he could , but couldn't get crank straightened. Bike shop guy just fixed it. YAY!

I certainly think I had a little Devine intervention....it could have been really bad if it happened yesterday.

Can't decide if I am motivated enough to go now . Too hot! Think I will hold off until evening.

Comment

Just got finished washing my trail bike...Gonna get an early ride in tomorrow.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404585008003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	24313945

Comment

I rode today but didn't use Strava, how do I add my ride ?

Comment

Strava cycling app for TBH

They were having a 75 mile mountain bike ride today in the DFW area. They were going from one park to the next. Part of the DORBA trails.

This would be harder than the HHH !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                  They were having a 75 mile mountain bike ride today in the DFW area. They were going from one park to the next. Part of the DORBA trails.

This would be harder than the HHH !!!!
                  75miles in one day on the trails? That would be a tough ride.

Comment

Yeehaw! Look at me go!

Comment

Got in 10miles this morning w/ a buddy of mine. Lots of people on the trails today.

Stopped to help these guys fix a busted chain. By help I mean I had the right tool & they did all the work...lol
                      Attached Files

Comment

Rode pretty hard this morning. I would have thought there were a lot more miles riding around denton. Slicker tires are on the short list. I need to get about 4 more MPH average. Good riding this week everyone!

Comment

I'm just glad I got on the board... now hopefully things calm down and I can get more regular. Doubled my mileage from last ride though so I'm going!

Comment

I've clocked in 70 miles this week and have had some crazy experiences....but the craziest.....

Coming down a nice hill on the great paved trails of Leon Creek Greenway today...and at a pretty good speed (at least for me), I come around a corner and ...... about had a heart attack. A dang snake is all the way across the trail. There is about 4 inches on the right behind him and maybe 2 inches in front of his nose. The thoughts in my head were flashing 90 miles an hour. Brake hard and throw myself off, run over him and risk him turning around and getting me (really shouldn't have worried about this cuz I am sure it was a rat snake, BUT....I HATE SNAKES!!!), go to the right and pray I stay on the paved and don't go off concrete and crash.....I chose the later as I said some very bad words in too loud of a voice while I zipped past.

It completely threw me off my zen moments on my bike! I get about 6 more miles down the path and a black cat runs across the path. I just laughed and told him he was about 6 miles too far up the trail. It would have been much more appropriate had he crossed my path before the snake....not that I am superstitious, but would have been a bit more appropriate!

Anyway...I kept thinking how long that dang snake was and thought the paved trail was 6 or maybe 8 feet across. I came home and looked it up...
                            10' wide, multi-use paved trail
                            That dadgum thing had to have been over 9' long. UGH...please let that be the last time I ever see a snake in those conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                              I've clocked in 70 miles this week and have had some crazy experiences....but the craziest.....

Coming down a nice hill on the great paved trails of Leon Creek Greenway today...and at a pretty good speed (at least for me), I come around a corner and ...... about had a heart attack. A dang snake is all the way across the trail. There is about 4 inches on the right behind him and maybe 2 inches in front of his nose. The thoughts in my head were flashing 90 miles an hour. Brake hard and throw myself off, run over him and risk him turning around and getting me (really shouldn't have worried about this cuz I am sure it was a rat snake, BUT....I HATE SNAKES!!!), go to the right and pray I stay on the paved and don't go off concrete and crash.....I chose the later as I said some very bad words in too loud of a voice while I zipped past.

It completely threw me off my zen moments on my bike! I get about 6 more miles down the path and a black cat runs across the path. I just laughed and told him he was about 6 miles too far up the trail. It would have been much more appropriate had he crossed my path before the snake....not that I am superstitious, but would have been a bit more appropriate!

Anyway...I kept thinking how long that dang snake was and thought the paved trail was 6 or maybe 8 feet across. I came home and looked it up...

That dadgum thing had to have been over 9' long. UGH...please let that be the last time I ever see a snake in those conditions.
                              My buddy told me he watched a girl crash last year because of a snake on the trail. She panicked and ended up loosing some skin on the pathway.

That's one thing that's nice about a MTB...you just keep on rollin'. So far I've only hit a squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                                My buddy told me he watched a girl crash last year because of a snake on the trail. She panicked and ended up loosing some skin on the pathway.

That's one thing that's nice about a MTB...you just keep on rollin'. So far I've only hit a squirrel.
                                I had THREE of them try to commit suicide yesterday by running in front of me. They were all over the Salado Creek trail. I thought that was going to be the craziest....until today!

Comment

Working...
                                X