No announcement yet.

13/14 Ducks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]589156[/ATTACH][ATTACH]589157[/ATTACH][ATTACH]589158[/ATTACH][ATTACH]589159[/ATTACH]

Comment

Before anybody brings it up there are a few birds missing in the picture that we forgot in the boat.

Comment

[QUOTE=Saltej_77;8127223]I'd love to share my spots but I'm sure my friends wouldn't be too happy, I hunt some private property and then also go find you an acess point to the lampassas river and walk it, scout some good holes ducks are all over it, find a good pool. I've got some that are out **** near 2 miles from a place to park.[/QUOTa

your not the group that has all the blinds over by the bridge and trimmier creek are ya? a guy with a silver boat hunted over there first of season?

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          Had a pretty decent hunt this morning.
          Where do you guys hunt? We are close to Glen Rose and haven't seen a Mallard.

Comment

It's been a slow year for me in NTX. We usually do really well but this year we haven't had near the birds on any of the spots I hunt.

Comment

The first split was 4-6 limits in the first 30-45 min of shooting. Since then we have to sit untill they stop flying and we usually only get a limit or two.

Comment

[quote=txbowhunter08;8136196]
                Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                I'd love to share my spots but I'm sure my friends wouldn't be too happy, I hunt some private property and then also go find you an acess point to the lampassas river and walk it, scout some good holes ducks are all over it, find a good pool. I've got some that are out **** near 2 miles from a place to park.[/QUOTa

your not the group that has all the blinds over by the bridge and trimmier creek are ya? a guy with a silver boat hunted over there first of season?
                I was one of the guys that hunted there on the opener. Silver boat we parked across the cove from that little makeshift blind in the mud. Have not hunted over there since that day either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                  It was a pretty dang good year!!
                  Hey I know that golf cart!!

Comment

Man I'm glad to see you guys have been putting a hurtin to them this year cause my year has been rough...... and by rough I mean the biggest strap I've had all season has been 4 birds. My neck of the woods has not been holding the birds or the species that its been the past few years. Im talking No teal, No pinnys, No wigeons, No spoonies, and very few gads. Its been a hard and discouraging season for me this year to say the least.
                    Again congrats on the full straps and keep the pics coming, I'll finish off my season vicariously thru y'all.

jrg

Comment

Went on my very first hunt Sunday, think I like it so next year I am going to be ready.

Comment

[quote=Saltej_77;8136637]
                        Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post

I was one of the guys that hunted there on the opener. Silver boat we parked across the cove from that little makeshift blind in the mud. Have not hunted over there since that day either.
                        We hunted over there and got a 2 man limit in 15 mins, Ive never had so many birds just pour in like that, but that quickly came to a end there was a group of 5 guys come in the next weekend and set up right in front of us. we were in the cove and they walked in 5 mins before lst, scared all the birds out of our decoys. and set up 80 yards directly in front of us. reason I ask is I know the local game warden and somebody else had reported there un safe acts, and I was curious if they have given somebody else problms, And if they have yall need to report it. I know the truck they drive, but haven't been back since that weekend.

Comment

[quote=txbowhunter08;8138716]

We hunted over there and got a 2 man limit in 15 mins, Ive never had so many birds just pour in like that, but that quickly came to a end there was a group of 5 guys come in the next weekend and set up right in front of us. we were in the cove and they walked in 5 mins before lst, scared all the birds out of our decoys. and set up 80 yards directly in front of us. reason I ask is I know the local game warden and somebody else had reported there un safe acts, and I was curious if they have given somebody else problms, And if they have yall need to report it. I know the truck they drive, but haven't been back since that weekend.
                          I've not seen em, What truck is it? Maybe I know who it was. I'm stationed here but I also grew up here. We're you part of the group that moved into that spot after we packed up? I know my buddy Branden ran into someone from the group that hopped in and limited after us.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389661613.984529.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	24278333my soon to be brother in law and his second duck hunt, his first limit.

Comment

[quote=Saltej_77;8140551]
                              Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post

I've not seen em, What truck is it? Maybe I know who it was. I'm stationed here but I also grew up here. We're you part of the group that moved into that spot after we packed up? I know my buddy Branden ran into someone from the group that hopped in and limited after us.
                              it was a black 4 door newer z71 and naw we were the first ones in there got there at 3 in the morning and were gone 30 mins after lst. we were the ones in the silver boat hunting that makeshift blind. I scouted that hole 3 days before season I got a video of about 1000 birds in that little cove we hunted. We went back sunday morning but somebody had camped on are spot so we moved and hunted off the river. Went back the next weekend and they set up on down from us, then came back sunday morning and that's when they set up in front of us. Said they had made all these blinds, I guess they think if they make a whole bunch of blinds on public land they get first choice on where they hunt. We ended up leaving right a light after they shot some spoonies that were cupped up coming in our decoys.

Comment

[quote=txbowhunter08;8140847]

it was a black 4 door newer z71 and naw we were the first ones in there got there at 3 in the morning and were gone 30 mins after lst. we were the ones in the silver boat hunting that makeshift blind. I scouted that hole 3 days before season I got a video of about 1000 birds in that little cove we hunted. We went back sunday morning but somebody had camped on are spot so we moved and hunted off the river. Went back the next weekend and they set up on down from us, then came back sunday morning and that's when they set up in front of us. Said they had made all these blinds, I guess they think if they make a whole bunch of blinds on public land they get first choice on where they hunt. We ended up leaving right a light after they shot some spoonies that were cupped up coming in our decoys.
                                Yeah that aint us. We only hunted opening day, we were on that point in the cove in a little blind we built. We were in there around 130-2. Thats the only blind we built too. The one you can see from the bridge. We also took a silver boat out and parked it across the cove from us.

Comment

Working...
                                X