No announcement yet.

High end trad bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang man, next thing you know you'll try to tell us we don't even need to use real feathers. LOL. You need help man.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
      Dang man, next thing you know you'll try to tell us we don't even need to use real feathers. LOL. You need help man.
      Heh Heh.

This lil piggy didn't know the difference.
      Attached Files

Comment

or this one with the cheap bow.

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice.

Folks gonna think we be hatin' on customs tho.

Here's an Amistad ewe taken with my Adcock a few years ago. Cocobolo riser, red elm limbs under clear glass, and a suh-weet shooter. A great example of a custom bow that can back it up with performance.

Perfect heart shot at 35 yards on this one, son looking over my shoulder the whole time. Priceless
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is that a "custom" bowyer will take the time to talk to you and steer you in the right direction....everything from bow length, shooting style, wood choice, physics, arrow choice, etc. They have a great way of suggesting things without cramming it down your throat. It is definitely an advantage in picking out the right bow....and well worth the extra price for admission.

I've only spoke with Dan Toelke, Mike Fedora, and Jason Kanati, but they were all extremely helpful....particularly Dan.
            MOST custom bowyers out there are very personable. I have ran across a few that aren't. A small few but there are some that are arrogant asses. One very well known bowyer in Mt seemed to be very put out that I asked to come by his shop on vacation. His bows were close to 1 k 15 years ago and I wanted to shoot one first. I bought elsewhere.

Blackwidow Bow Co is very professional , very consistent in product, get it to you when they tell you and have great personal service.

One great point of doing business with Bob is close to home, a nice guy and pleasant to do business with.

There are others out there .........

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
              Lord have mercy on my soul....don't encourage him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                Lord have mercy on my soul....don't encourage him.
                HAA HAA. To Late.

Rick

Comment

This is a very entertaining thread. Can't wait to see who's hands are around who's throat next. Find a bow that shoots right for "you". Then go huntin and tell everyone else to stick it

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
                    This is a very entertaining thread. Can't wait to see who's hands are around who's throat next. Find a bow that shoots right for "you". Then go huntin and tell everyone else to stick it
                    Way ta tell em Bob.

Coming from you as one of those who can supply a great bow, this should end the debate.

Rick

Comment

Rick. I am fairly sure it will not

Comment

Well, there is that little prestige thing by owning a Sarrels bow

Comment

Rick. I am fairly sure it will not
                          LOL agreed, but it should.

Rick

Comment

My small sentiment. There are scads of bows and bow builders out there. Some build thousands a year. They have a plan and they pretty much stick to it. There are lots of small builders who build 15 to 50 bows a year. Some good. Some not so. There are a few out there that build 200 to 600 a year. Zach and I fall into this group. I have designed bows that we are still making today and I have designed bows and the bow forms were soon in the fire pit. Our stuff suits a lot of folks. Not all or we would have a 250 year waiting list. I like a quick bow but that is not in the forefront of my design. Shoot ability (now that's a cool word that can fit most anything) smoothness and not having to work for you shot. I think that means hitting where you look are at the front. Offering a good price and after sale follow up always mean a lot. Like I say. My bows are for some but all. If they were then I would be the only bow maker and that would be dull.

Comment

My small sentiment. There are scads of bows and bow builders out there. Some build thousands a year. They have a plan and they pretty much stick to it. There are lots of small builders who build 15 to 50 bows a year. Some good. Some not so. There are a few out there that build 200 to 600 a year. Zach and I fall into this group. I have designed bows that we are still making today and I have designed bows and the bow forms were soon in the fire pit. Our stuff suits a lot of folks. Not all or we would have a 250 year waiting list. I like a quick bow but that is not in the forefront of my design. Shoot ability (now that's a cool word that can fit most anything) smoothness and not having to work for you shot. I think that means hitting where you look are at the front. Offering a good price and after sale follow up always mean a lot. Like I say. My bows are for some but all. If they were then I would be the only bow maker and that would be dull.
                              And from what I hear you build one heck of bow Mr. Sarrels, thanks for you input it's about time the bickering quit! If wasn't so far from you I would come check out your shop.

Comment

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. This young man had been drooling over my Sarrels at a Clout round. He loved his old PSE longbow, but jumped at the chance to try out my bow. After the first shot, he turned around grinning like the Cheshire cat. He put five more arrows down range, with a great group at 125 meters.

His words were, "it's so smooth, quiet, easy to shoot, fun, fast', etc, etc. He was an instant convert. Some had commented on my good shooting that day, and I just responded, "it's the bow".
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Lynda; 11-05-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X