No announcement yet.

High end trad bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry nailed it! That's a gorgeous thing no matter what the bow looks like...

Ps.... My Weavers and Sarrels are freaking sexy!!!!

Comment

Didn't mean to start a debate here guys! After reading through this I realize that while I want a custom bow it would be for the upgraded "shootability" if you will. I'm just looking for a reasonably priced bow that feels nice I guess. And while looks are important they are probably last on my lists of wants. I would rather the bow perform and feel good that look nice. I would love a take down but they get real expensive! I may get a Samick to scratch my takedown now itch...

Comment

I've owned a bunch if recurves and longbows and have finally realized that there is not a bow out there that I can not miss with.

There are a bunch if custom bows out there that are good. Production wise a Martin Hunter is hard to beat even with some customs.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
          I've owned a bunch if recurves and longbows and have finally realized that there is not a bow out there that I can not miss with.

There are a bunch if custom bows out there that are good. Production wise a Martin Hunter is hard to beat even with some customs.
          the Savannah is an excellent Longbow from Martin archery.

Comment

Ditto on both the Martin Hunter and Savannah. Two of the best "production" bows from a well-known company. But don't tell Larry Hatfield they aren't hand made. That would be a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              Bob, ya gotta admit it-he is pretty smart.
              Maybe, but the deer are still ducking his arrows and they're not with my old Pronghorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                Nice Draco.

Attack the person, without addressing my points at all.

Shows your character for sure.

To your comment, I'm pretty comfortable with my "trad" cred's, thank you. I think they speak for themselves.
                Your ramblings were'nt worth commenting on. Every one gave him a concise opinion and you rambled on and on for some reason.

Comment

It's common on every public forum no matter the topic. There is a fine line between trying to be helpful and trying to prove that you know more than everybody else. It's mostly perception. I'm sure Limbwalker is just trying to give the benefit of his experience, and others are taking it as being a know-it-all. Don't let it devolve into a whizzing match. We all share the same passion, let's keep celebrating that.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    It's common on every public forum no matter the topic. There is a fine line between trying to be helpful and trying to prove that you know more than everybody else. It's mostly perception. I'm sure Limbwalker is just trying to give the benefit of his experience, and others are taking it as being a know-it-all. Don't let it devolve into a whizzing match. We all share the same passion, let's keep celebrating that.
                    Get a rope!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      OH!!! Go and take your common sence and referee somewhere else!!! Sure was hoping you were going on that Big Oaks hunt, I sure am looking forward to meeting you. Killed anything with those Badger BHs yet??

Comment

Jerp, I have no idea who this Draco guy is, or what I did to draw his venom, but I'd say he might be a lot happier on the leatherwall, from what I remember of my 10+ years over there.

If'n he'd be a little more specific about something I wrote, then we'd all benefit. But personal attacks just get folks put on my ignore list these days...

Just tryin' to offer some perspective from a guy who's seen a recurve or two, that's all.

If it offends anyone, then they're really taking this all too seriously IMO. Life is way too short to get upset about what bow a person chooses to use.

Comment

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is that a "custom" bowyer will take the time to talk to you and steer you in the right direction....everything from bow length, shooting style, wood choice, physics, arrow choice, etc. They have a great way of suggesting things without cramming it down your throat. It is definitely an advantage in picking out the right bow....and well worth the extra price for admission.

I've only spoke with Dan Toelke, Mike Fedora, and Jason Kanati, but they were all extremely helpful....particularly Dan.

Comment

High end custom bows are nice (real nice) as long as you get one you can shoot.

Contrary to popular belief - you do not have to spend a lot to get a bow that is top of the line in both quality & performance.

The bow I am shooting now is a Hoyt Excel with cheap TradTech limbs on it.
                            The riser & limbs combined (new) are under $370 before tax & shipping.
                            This bow shoots as good (or better) as anything I've ever shot, including custom bows that I paid a whole lot more for.

I'm not saying don't get custom.
                            I'm just saying you don't have to in order to have quality & performance.

Rick

Comment

Oh geez Rick. You're gonna get it now. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                                Oh geez Rick. You're gonna get it now. LOL.
                                LOL John. I've "Got It" before, so it wouldn't be the first time, and I'm used to it

Around here I'm like the red headed step brother, that won't go away ,
                                BUT I know I'm loved here too, so all is good.

Tricky Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X