No announcement yet.

Left handed rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Steyr is a 270, and I said I MAY sell it.... I've already talked with him about it as he says he really wants me to make the rifle "mine" as a perfect fit. He tried to talk me out of giving it to me for that reason. Still undecided and not even trying since it is a beautiful rifle, left handed or not. I was just throwing it out there to a kids possible lifer rifle. I would love to be a part of that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        I believe he said it was a 270, i need a 243,708 or 308 short action. I may make it a 260 or 6.5creed to match mine in the future.
        Reduced recoil rounds up until he can shoot full rounds...where there is a will, there is a way

Comment

Steyr Mannlicher Lefthanded

Hi Maui-diver, I know this is a long shot. Hope this message gets to you. Do you still have the Steyr Mannlicher full stock 270? If so, wondering if it might be for sale? I had the EXACT same rifle and had to reluctantly sell it about 15 years ago due to the typical financial constraints. I have been kicking myself every day since. IF it is available, and you would consider selling it to a dedicated Lefty that would appreciate it for the rest of his life, please drop me a note at billymoe@hotmail.com Thanks!

Comment

Sold in March.

Comment

Thompson Center Encore. Good for left and right handers. You can get a barrel in the cartridge you are looking for easily. I even put a Choate Machine adjustable AR-type stock on my son's rifle so it grew with him as he aged. And if you get bored with the cartridge, you can easily sell off the barrel and buy a different barrel in a new chambering. You can also buy left and right handed thumbhole stocks for them. Very versatile platform.
              All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
                Get him a pump or auto action.

^^^this....

I'm right hand but left eye dominant & shoot a Remington 760 (pump) in 30-06.....great rifle. I've been eyeing a Browning Lever Rifle (BLR) for a while too, lots of caliber options...

Comment

I am a lefty and mainly shoot rh bolt guns, my advice, lever gun. Classic marlin or more modern BLR.

Comment

Lefties need more love lol. So far I have him still using my cva in 300 black. I like the TC and that will prob be his next one in 7-08 probably

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                      I guess i missed that. Thanks!!

Sold out on Remingtons and i dont see the ADLs. I may have to get him a right hand one.

Do you leftys feel uncomfortable shooting with the bolt and knob (on the wrong side) He does it and doesn't complain but hes not a whiner.

No, I actually prefer a right handed rifle. I'm right handed and left eye dominant. My grip hand and trigger never leave the rifle. The bolt bolt is right in front of my chin. I've grown very comfortable with it. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                        No, I actually prefer a right handed rifle. I'm right handed and left eye dominant. My grip hand and trigger never leave the rifle. The bolt bolt is right in front of my chin. I've grown very comfortable with it. YMMV.

Same here, I reload faster that way as well. I own one LH rifle and the rest are RH. Only bought the LH to try it. Love shooting them either way...

Comment

My daughter has a great lefty .243 that I cut down the wood stock. Accurate and dependable.
                          Perfect for her and me as we are both left eyed.

BP

Comment

I got a used left-handed CDL in 270 for my son several years ago off of GunBroker. I think I gave five and a half for it. I also bought my daughter a new left-handed ADL 243 with a black stock from GunBroker as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                              I've always wanted to open a gun and bow store and call it south paws. I'd have 80% of my stock in left handed equipment.....
                              That would be awesome!

Comment

I would get the right handed 700 and throw it in a lefty Boyd's sock. Mainly because it would be different, and totally his gun. I shoot right and I have wanted a lefty action in a right handed stock for a while. Just to see if I like it, lots of bench rest guys running that set up. It would keep all the controls familiar for him, but add the comfort of a proper cheek piece.

The TC encore is a great option. My wife is left handed, I am right handed. We "share" a TC Encore Pro hunter in .308. It's her gun, I just get to use it sometimes. It is nice, since we can both shoot it comfortably and accurately. Since she only hunts with me, and I only rifle hunt with her... It makes it nice and easy to just carry one gun to the stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X