No announcement yet.

Left handed rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do everything right handed EXCEPT shooting guns. I even shoot my bow right handed as well. growing up I had always shot right handed guns until this past year. I had told my wife I wanted to buy a left hand bolt action that would last me a while, as I do not rifle hunt that often. well for my birthday she surprised me with a left hand Tikka T3 stainless chambered in 7mm mag. now it feels a lot more natural to shoot this gun compared others!

Comment

I'm a lefty all the way.

I started getting some LH rifles a few years ago. I have shot RH guns from my left shoulder all my life. The bolt never bothered me. The cheek rest was the only thing i didnt really like.

Started getting a few also because one of my daughters is RH but left eye dominant. Her accuracy improved when we got her switched over.

I only have Savage rifles in LH.

You mentioned 243. I have a Savage model 12 i'd sell. They are big heavy rifles....i have it and a 22-250 that i intended to just shoot at the range. Wouldnt want to stalk with it!

Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Comment

If you kiddo is going to shoot with his left eye - please do not "sell out" and go with a right handed bolt action.

I Googled your desired rifle and came up empty. If you're not sold on a Remington, check out the left handed Savage package hunters. I had one a couple/few years back and it was a shooter. (don't go with the Axis Savage rifle, raid the piggy bank a little harder and get the Trophy Hunter XP.)

Comment

I'm right handed, but shoot left......both my boys do as well.
          We just shoot right handed bolts....doesn't bother me or the boys

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
            If you kiddo is going to shoot with his left eye - please do not "sell out" and go with a right handed bolt action.

I Googled your desired rifle and came up empty. If you're not sold on a Remington, check out the left handed Savage package hunters. I had one a couple/few years back and it was a shooter. (don't go with the Axis Savage rifle, raid the piggy bank a little harder and get the Trophy Hunter XP.)
            No, i dont plan to sell out. Definitely want a lefty. I want to get him his own rifle for his bday. He mostly uses mine and id like to get him something nice. Basically a R700, timney, Boyds or other nicer "but not too nice" stock and bed his action. Then get him some good bases and rings and a decent 4-12 power scope.

He is going to be 15 so i wanted to get him a good long lasting rifle to call his own.

As far as now i want to stick to Remington 700.

Comment

Like stated above, I am left handed and for years shot RH bolt guns. When I got my first LH gun it was so sweet. Savage and Sako both offer nice LH rifles.

Comment

Ive shot lefty my whole life, never once fired a left handed rifle. sell outs kill deer too. Just saying I wouldn't pass on a steal of a deal on a classic rifle just because it was/nt a LH model. 2cents

Comment

I'm left handed, and I've only ever shot right handed rifles so I don't really know any different. I would like a pistol that is left or either handed though.

Comment

Has he shot a lh rifle before? My Dad is a Lefty and wanted a LH rifle for years. I bought him one and he couldnt stand it. Went back to a RH.

Comment

Can't help but think of Private Ryan.. Berry Pepper in the tower quoting the bible as he takes out the enemy one shot at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                        Has he shot a lh rifle before? My Dad is a Lefty and wanted a LH rifle for years. I bought him one and he couldnt stand it. Went back to a RH.
                        Actually no. He shoots all of mine but are right handed. I gave him a single shot CVA that is kinda both.

Comment

I'm a lefty and have had LH bolt Savages and Remington 700's in BDL. I like them both but preferred the 700 BDL. My favorite rifle of all times is the Ruger #1. Its a fine rifle and works equally well LH or RH...I hunted with it for 25 years , and my RH son has stolen it and uses it! :-) Great rifles! I bought another one!

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                            Actually no. He shoots all of mine but are right handed. I gave him a single shot CVA that is kinda both.

Might see about letting him try it before buying. Some love them, some dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                              Might see about letting him try it before buying. Some love them, some dont.
                              Good point, i dont know anyone who has a lefty though. My only buddy that is a lefty shoots a righty lol.

Comment

Grew up shooting a right handed bolt left handed. Doesn't bother me. I decided to order a gun for myself and went with a LH Browning A-bolt Hunter II 270WSM. I love it. I wish there were more left handed options.

You might get him a right handed bolt and put a different stock on it. I have a .22-250 with a lefty thumbhole stock but a right hand bolt. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X