Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
    I guess i missed that. Thanks!!

Sold out on Remingtons and i dont see the ADLs. I may have to get him a right hand one.

Do you leftys feel uncomfortable shooting with the bolt and knob (on the wrong side) He does it and doesn't complain but hes not a whiner.

My son is a southpaw. The cheekpiece on a right hand stock bothers him. I should say,that the lack of a cheek piece on the right side of a right hand stock,bothers him . He has ,all left hand or without a cheek piece, a Browning medallion grade , a Remington 788, a Savage, an H & R Handirifle, a Thompson Center Encore and a Browining Citore English style shotgun. And is a supershot with all of them.

Comment

If the cheekpiece is bothering him, you might look into getting a slide on one.

Comment

My daughter and I are both right handed and left eyed.

I have shot both right handed and left handed all my life, with no real issues
        But I wanted my daughter to hunt and shoot more efficiently, I bought her two lefties and had them but down and better pads installed m A savage and a Ruger. Both are solid and accurate.

BP

Comment

I bought a right handed gun, then bought a Boyds stock for it. They have an option to get a left handed cheek piece for a r8ght handed gun. Now even though the bolt is on the wrong side, the cheek piece is right. I actually like this more on the bench because my off hand is more convenient to work the bolt. Never have to take my hand off the trigger. With some practice you can cycle the bolt pretty dang quick off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
            I bought a right handed gun, then bought a Boyds stock for it. They have an option to get a left handed cheek piece for a r8ght handed gun. Now even though the bolt is on the wrong side, the cheek piece is right. I actually like this more on the bench because my off hand is more convenient to work the bolt. Never have to take my hand off the trigger. With some practice you can cycle the bolt pretty dang quick off hand.

What kind of rifle is that?

Comment

It's a Marlin XS7 in 308. I believe the left hand stock is an option for nearly all guns boyds makes stocks for. Plus this way he can choose his stock like you mentioned earlier. The stock is the royal jacaranda pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                What kind of rifle is that?
                Sorry didn't quote.

Comment

Get him a pump or auto action.

Comment

I've got a beautiful steyr mannlicher Classic model "m" 270 full stock that has less then 30 down the beautiful barrel. Left handed. I may be selling as it was my fathers who bought over 15 years ago. I can send you pics if your intersted.
                    Last edited by Maui-diver; 03-18-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Add yourself to those email notification lists for buds, gunsamerica all those websites. When I was in the market to get my .204 this is what I did and it took about 2 months but I finally got an email and was able to snag it same day. When I ordered it showed 30 in stock within 2 days they were sold out so you will need to make sure you are quick when the email does arrive.

Comment

Here couple pics. I couldnt find the good ones. can take if you like
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am right handed, but left eye dominant. Makes for a fun combination! I started shooting rifles left handed when I was about 12 and still do. But, I've always just used right handed guns. As long as it doesn't have a molded cheek piece on the stock I've never had a problem using a right handed gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                            I've got a beautiful steyr mannlicher Classic model "m" 270 full stock that has less then 30 down the beautiful barrel. Left handed. I may be selling as it was my fathers who bought over 15 years ago. I can send you pics if your intersted.
                            Thank you guys for offers to sale (lol) but im gonna shop around for a R700. May ever do the righty rifle/lefty stock option.

Edit: that was supposed to be a multi quote to all offers.
                            Last edited by jaime1982; 03-19-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                              Here couple pics. I couldnt find the good ones. can take if you like
                              Can't believe the OP is passing that gun up...I would kill for that rifle and I'm not even left handed

I can shoot both...wonder if I can get he wife to sign off on another purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                                Can't believe the OP is passing that gun up...I would kill for that rifle and I'm not even left handed

I can shoot both...wonder if I can get he wife to sign off on another purchase.
                                I believe he said it was a 270, i need a 243,708 or 308 short action. I may make it a 260 or 6.5creed to match mine in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X