No announcement yet.

Walmart and their daily rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand where you are coming from but if you needed it you only hurt yourself and helped out the guy that gets the last box in the next day or two! Honestly I dont see why they would limit 7mm mag though.

Comment

Like I stated, I'm not hurtin for this particular ammo, just thought I would get a couple boxes while I was there.
      I just don't like one store making up rules as they go. I had just left academy and they had about 40 boxes of 7mag.

Comment

Every store I have been to in the Austin area have signs posted with the 3 box limit they should post their limit too to keep shoppers from having to ask.

I had a manager sell me ammo at one and he was not from sporting goods dept he just had the keys that day. Tried to sell me only 2 boxes I told him to read the sign they have posted on the glass doors....walked out with all 3 boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
          Just went to Walmart in Cleburne. Three boxes of 7 mag sitting in the case with no customers there.
          Told the guy I wanted two of them, leaving one for the next customer, and was told that they have a one box limit at that store.
          I left him with three boxes on the shelf.
          Like I stated, I'm not hurtin for this particular ammo, just thought I would get a couple boxes while I was there.
          I just don't like one store making up rules as they go. I had just left academy and they had about 40 boxes of 7mag.
          You wanted 2 boxes, WalMart would only sell you one, so you left without buying any, instead of getting the 1 box. All this happened AFTER you had already left Academy, which had 40 boxes and you didn't buy any from there either.

Did I miss anything?
          Why didn't you buy the 2 boxes at Academy?

Comment

Just left walMart with ten boxes of 223. I had to call corporate. I was told there was no corporate directive to limit ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
              You wanted 2 boxes, WalMart would only sell you one, so you left without buying any, instead of getting the 1 box. All this happened AFTER you had already left Academy, which had 40 boxes and you didn't buy any from there either.

Did I miss anything?
              Why didn't you buy the 2 boxes at Academy?
              Academy won't sell but one of each caliber and I knew that so I thought I would go to Wally World and get 3 boxes but when they only had 3, I decided I would get 3 and leave a box for the next guy. The only problem was that the guy behind the counter was a jerk and told me I could only have one. Like I said, they're just making up rules as they go, in my opinion it gives them some "authority".

Comment

Originally posted by Luck_of_the_Draw View Post
                Just left walMart with ten boxes of 223. I had to call corporate. I was told there was no corporate directive to limit ammo.
                That right there proves my point.

Comment

Academy won't sell but one of each caliber and I knew that so I thought I would go to Wally World and get 3 boxes but when they only had 3, I decided I would get 3 and leave a box for the next guy. The only problem was that the guy behind the counter was a jerk and told me I could only have one. Like I said, they're just making up rules as they go, in my opinion it gives them some "authority".
                  Wrong, academy will sell you how many ever boxes you want of 7 mag. They just will only sell you 1 box of
                  .9mm
                  .22lr
                  Maybe 1 or 2 more , but they have the list posted,
                  I bought 4 boxes of 7-08 they said that was ok cause it wasn't on the limit list

Comment

Just went to Walmart in Cleburne. Three boxes of 7 mag sitting in the case with no customers there.
                    Told the guy I wanted two of them, leaving one for the next customer, and was told that they have a one box limit at that store.
                    I left him with three boxes on the shelf.
                    Thats what I do. Shucks Ive boycotted walmart all together. Not gonna support any store that wants to uphold ammo and gun restrictions

Comment

I wonder why there is a shortage.

Could it be guys buying ammo they do not need just to add to their stockpile? Imagine what would happen if everyone of us, all Americans, were to head to the gas station and top off our gas tank, even if we did not “need” the gas? I can tell you what happens, it happen on 9-11 and gas prices went sky high and availability went to near zero.

We are sometimes our own worst enemy, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundervee View Post
                        Wrong, academy will sell you how many ever boxes you want of 7 mag. They just will only sell you 1 box of
                        .9mm
                        .22lr
                        Maybe 1 or 2 more , but they have the list posted,
                        I bought 4 boxes of 7-08 they said that was ok cause it wasn't on the limit list
                        This is true. I just bought 5 boxes of .243

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post

Could it be guys buying ammo they do not need just to add to their stockpile? Imagine what would happen if everyone of us, all Americans, were to head to the gas station and top off our gas tank, even if we did not “need” the gas? I can tell you what happens, it happen on 9-11 and gas prices went sky high and availability went to near zero.

Agree.

Comment

its 3 also here in alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post

Are you telling me that you have just enough ammo to last the rest of the year and if you were in the store and saw ammo sitting on the shelf that you wouldn't by a little extra?
                              If you say yes, you're the first person I have seen that would do this.
                              I'm not going wait in line and try to hoard all the ammo I can get my hands on and I'm certainly not going to jack up the price and sell it at a ridiculous price like we've all seen happen.

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                                its 3 also here in alaska
                                3 of the 100 rnd bulk pack I can deal with.

3 of the 20 rnd boxes....

Comment

Working...
                                X