Walmart and their daily rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart and their daily rules

Just went to Walmart in Cleburne. Three boxes of 7 mag sitting in the case with no customers there.
    Told the guy I wanted two of them, leaving one for the next customer, and was told that they have a one box limit at that store.
    I left him with three boxes on the shelf.

So why not at least get one? Academy here has been doing that for a while. Part of it.

Comment

That's odd, all the Wal-Mart's I have been to the limit has been 3 boxes.

Comment

All the ones I visit have a three box rule....unless you are PD/SO then they will sell you a bit more...

I went into the one in weatherford a few weeks back and bought 8 boxes of 12ga 00, they said I could buy all I want because it was not selling..

Comment

A lot of places doing that now, I stopped in Academy in Austin one day and saw a huge stack of .22lr in 50 round boxes. Me and my brother in law each asked for 3 and they have a one box limit. Walked out with 100 rounds between both of us.

Comment

I'm glad they put a limit. One box per caliber is a little low but 3 is fine. Before they limited I couldn't get any ammo. I was at work one day and stopped by an academy a 8:00 and saw people with baskets full of 5.56 and .22. I mean people were buying it by 4 and 5 thousand rounds at a time. I'm not the biggest shooter in the world but my little one or two boxes of ammo stash went quick after just one trip to the range.

Comment

I have seen a few WalMarts doing this

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                I have seen a few WalMarts doing this
                yes...its now falling on the store management to make the decision of 1, 2 or 3 boxes.

I've found different managers within the same store have different rules...just ask each time you buy

Comment

The 3 box limit doesn't bother me but to go from one Walmart to another that's 12 miles away and have different rules is just goofy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-N-Rut View Post
                    So why not at least get one? Academy here has been doing that for a while. Part of it.
                    Just general principal since the manager is a jerk. Besides I did really need any more, just thought I would add to my stash in case any TBH brothers ran short.

Comment

I kind of like the one box rule. I went to Academy the other day and the they had about 7 boxes of 9mm. Told the lady I wanted 2 boxes and she said they could only sell me one. Took the one home and then realized I had bought 9mm karakov(sp) and not 9mm luger. Saved me $12 by limiting me to one.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                        i kind of like the one box rule. I went to academy the other day and the they had about 7 boxes of 9mm. Told the lady i wanted 2 boxes and she said they could only sell me one. Took the one home and then realized i had bought 9mm karakov(sp) and not 9mm luger. Saved me $12 by limiting me to one.
                        lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          I'm glad they put a limit. One box per caliber is a little low but 3 is fine. Before they limited I couldn't get any ammo. I was at work one day and stopped by an academy a 8:00 and saw people with baskets full of 5.56 and .22. I mean people were buying it by 4 and 5 thousand rounds at a time. I'm not the biggest shooter in the world but my little one or two boxes of ammo stash went quick after just one trip to the range.
                          This^^^^

Comment

I would have left them with three too. I don't like Walmart anyway

Comment

There was an Aggie that won the lotto. He met with the lotto commission and they asked the Aggie how he would like to get payed, 2 payments or 4? The Aggie said, " I want it all in one payment". The lotto commission said, "Sir, we don't do that". The Aggie said, Ok, I want my dollar back"!

Are you an Aggie ?

Comment

Working...
                              X