Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    okay guys, im stumped..

i want to buy this barrel - http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=p...roducts_id=496

the question is.. what length gas system should i run? mid or carbine? i would like to put a 9" free floating quadrail on the gun, but i want the rail to fully cover the low profile gas block.

help!
    well, barrel is 14" ,gas block seem to go right in the middle , so carbine tubes a re 7.5 inches and seem to be the correct length for your needs ... check with who ever you order to be sure and pick your 2 piece gas block carefully... it has to fit under your handguard. a 9" handguard should cover the gas block as long as the block is not a long version.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      well, barrel is 14" ,gas block seem to go right in the middle , so carbine tubes a re 7.5 inches and seem to be the correct length for your needs ... check with who ever you order to be sure and pick your 2 piece gas block carefully... it has to fit under your handguard. a 9" handguard should cover the gas block as long as the block is not a long version.
      Thanks much!!!

Comment

Here is a picture of mine!

Comment

[ATTACH]338576[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post
            I just put together my first as well. Researched and read everything I could for 4 months and chose a BCM middy. Is that a Midwest Industries hanguard on it?
            Troy

Comment

Somebody needs to talk me out of this.

It's a 9mm SBR that takes Glock mags! It will accept all the way down to the 10 round mags and up to the 33 round mags! With a 5.25" barrel and a 7" hand guard and a can this would be a very handy home defense weapon.

Seriously though, would this offer anything over a 300BLK SBR other than cheaper ammo and a slightly shorter length?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Somebody needs to talk me out of this.

It's a 9mm SBR that takes Glock mags! It will accept all the way down to the 10 round mags and up to the 33 round mags! With a 5.25" barrel and a 7" hand guard and a can this would be a very handy home defense weapon.

Seriously though, would this offer anything over a 300BLK SBR other than cheaper ammo and a slightly shorter length?
                the one in the pic doesn't look like it takes glock mags... they look more like uzi mags.. straight up and down .. the glock ones typically have some cant to them leaning slightly forward.

I'm not gonna talk you out of it however, I built one with a 5" tros barrel and 3 lug , mine uses colt / metalform mags and runs good... just don't expect 100 yards accuracy out of it.. that won't happen. but to shoot cheaper and great 147 grain up quiet performance , they do it well...

9mm is really hard on hammer pins and lowers in general.. the mass of the bolt , and being blow back beats up parts , i've sheared 1 pin and 2 bolt stops so far. just fyi....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujlCQ-SlRlw"]9mm ar registered sbr with SWR trident - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  the one in the pic doesn't look like it takes glock mags... they look more like uzi mags.. straight up and down .. the glock ones typically have some cant to them leaning slightly forward.

I'm not gonna talk you out of it however, I built one with a 5" tros barrel and 3 lug , mine uses colt / metalform mags and runs good... just don't expect 100 yards accuracy out of it.. that won't happen. but to shoot cheaper and great 147 grain up quiet performance , they do it well...

9mm is really hard on hammer pins and lowers in general.. the mass of the bolt , and being blow back beats up parts , i've sheared 1 pin and 2 bolt stops so far. just fyi....

9mm ar registered sbr with SWR trident - YouTube
                  Yes the one in the pic does not take the Glock mags, they don't have a good pic on their website of the model that does. They offer a model that takes the Colt pattern mags and one that takes the Glock mags.

I was really wondering if it offers anything over the 300BLK for a SBR.

Comment

what site is that from, Mike..and do they sell just the lowers?

Comment

Enjoy
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337121501.803890.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	24073439

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                        what site is that from, Mike..and do they sell just the lowers?
                        Lone Wolf Distributors sells the lowers. Not sure if that is what is referenced in the picture. The retail price is $349.95
                        http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=288

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          [ATTACH]339035[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ordered a Larue Covert MKII today and will get here tomorrow!
                            That is awesome!! Will get some pics up once it is setup.
                            Last edited by LiveFree; 05-15-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

What's an AR?
                              Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              I think it's tied to banking....like an 'Account Reduction' device or something of the like??
                              I try not to think about how much more money I could have........uhhhhhh that is if I owned any of those scary things.
                              I can relate to all of those posts!!! LMAO!!!

Comment

My TBH, classifieds combo

Click image for larger version

Name:	m4 (600 x 450).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	24073465

Comment

Working...
                                X