Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My uncle has his ffl and stumbled upon quite a few lowers and carbine kits. He told me to ask around if I knew some guys wanting to buy one. He doesn't want to post them on gunbroker or Craigslist or anything like that bc he wants good guys to get them. If your interested in one I will give you his info. However I'm not going to give anyone his info unless you have been a tbh member a few years and have some post just to keep them with good guys. I'm not sure on price but he's not trying to screw anyone. I think they will be around 1500$ he has about 15-20. Pm me if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      My uncle has his ffl and stumbled upon quite a few lowers and carbine kits. He told me to ask around if I knew some guys wanting to buy one. He doesn't want to post them on gunbroker or Craigslist or anything like that bc he wants good guys to get them. If your interested in one I will give you his info. However I'm not going to give anyone his info unless you have been a tbh member a few years and have some post just to keep them with good guys. I'm not sure on price but he's not trying to screw anyone. I think they will be around 1500$ he has about 15-20. Pm me if your interested.
      So basically $1500 for complete AR (unbuilt)?

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        Well I guess he is at least tryin to help out the good folks..... $1500 is a decent price for the times if its quality....

If anyone buys one of these send me a PM I will build it for you free if your in my area!
        Last edited by Ecoboost; 12-28-2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

$1500 for a kit. Yeah he's not trying to screw anybody. I'd do the rolleyes smiley if I could figure out how to on tapatalk. I bought 2 billet lowers for $190 each. Doubt these are billet, and probably dpms or similar quality. If I'm wrong and it's good quality it might be worth that, but you can still buy a really nice rifle for $1000-$1500 complete if you're willing to look around a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
            Well I guess he is at least tryin to help out the good folks..... $1500 is a decent price for the times if its quality....

If anyone buys one of these send me a PM I will build it for you free if your in my area!
            Good offer. Yeah 1500 not bad in this market.

Comment

I just ordered a 6.5 lower receiver and was wondering where would yall recommend looking for an upper for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabidbowhunter View Post
                I just ordered a 6.5 lower receiver and was wondering where would yall recommend looking for an upper for it?
                Are you looking to buy a complete upper? What caliber are you wanting?

EDIT: WOW. everything is sold out these days. Try Gunbroker or ar15.com
                Last edited by Chuy; 12-28-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Complete upper. I bought 3 so I can build a few different but want one just to play with and one for hogs

Comment

Complete upper. I bought 3 so I can build a few different but want one just to play with and one for hogs
                    What kind of quality are you looking for--

Comment

There's AR15 lowers and AR10 lowers but not calibre-specific AR15 lowers. You determine calibre in the upper you select. Is that what you meant?

Comment

Are there any lowers a guy should steer clear of. I found a complete DSA lower the other day for $250 but didn't guy it because I had never heard of it.

Comment

Anyone out there have an extra lower parts kit laying around? I have a stripped receiver I want to complete and figured of buy from someone on tbh if there's one available instead of buying from a company

Comment

I bought a compete polymer lower from gwacs (formerly cavalry arms) and it's one piece molded with stock built in. The reason for getting it was that I wanted the lightest possible setup, and the quietest! we hog hunt from electric carts and the collapsible stocks make noise. this lower fits tight!! and was $269 complete with lower parts kit already installed.
                            it has a standard GI trigger, the molded grip feels great too! the only thing that didn't work when I got it was the magazine catch . I had to remove the catch and smooth out the pocket with a dremel wheel. took 5 minutes, no big deal! even-though that should have not happened. but for $269 , I can't complain!

I'm sure they are selling out just like everyone else.. but if you're looking for a lower you can toss around without fear of scratching it, I think you will like this one.

it has the feel of an a2, and is rock solid... no lower to upper play at all!

I would have uploaded a pic, but photobucket in now blocked on my mac due to the data mining crap that runs in the background... not cool!

Comment

I have a SBR question or two. I have my 5320 and 5330 form filled out. I have been reading and some folks say get two forms completed. Is that so I have a original copy? Or do two have to be sent in? Also can I send my can form later or should it be done at the same time? And the sheriff has to sign off or can the Chief of police in you're city? I'm in Johnson county and I hear our sheriff is good at signing off on cans and sbr's. Bought my new sbr upper yesterday and ready to get this paper work complete so I can finish my build and shoot that bad boy!!!
                              300 Blackout S&W
                              Attached Files

Comment

be careful having everything in one location.....ATF can view that as readily available to assemble, or whatever their wording is.....might want to leave the upper at your office or a friends house until your stamp comes back to be on the safe side.

Comment

Working...
                                X