Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
    the storm lake bbl for my pistol is a 4.95" barrel.

I'd love to eventually register a SBR lower and get a 9mm and 300BLK upper, since you can shoot both through the tirant (per Bryon). Alas...all it takes is $$, which I have none of right now...had to trade and sell all kinds of stuff for this equipment. I WOULD like to get an inexpensive 22 can (YHM Mite or Tac65) for the Buckmark that's headed my way at the end of the month.
    I believe you can shoot it through it but only with subs. I think full power will be bad news.

Comment

yup...that's what I was told...and def not full auto

Comment

Need advice on a good Night vision scope/sight.

Looking to purchase a night vision tactical scope for an AR. Any advice?

Comment

Saw this one..pretty good reviews.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/atn-mk35...iflescope.html

Originally posted by cooker2 View Post

Comment

I saw this link in another thread on TBH. What say ye the black rifle experts?

I know it will not be up to snuff with high end stuff. But what about someone who doesn't have the Big $, and needs to a build on a very tight budget?
            Last edited by Liberty06; 05-16-2011, 08:33 PM. Reason: link issues

Comment

I'll say this, if you want a bare bones gun and your budget is less than 600 dollars. It is your only option, but expect to have a 600 dollar gun. For most it will be fine. An AR is better than no AR. That's my motto. But for 800 you can get a very nice rifle that will last 4-5 times longer.

Comment

Personall I would go with this http://www.slickguns.com/product/spi...-receiver-7995
                I just like the Spike's lower's.....get a DPMS parts kit and a cheap stock from the gun show. My first stock was $30 cash at a show. That will get you a full setup for around $200 built and with transfer fees and will be a good quality piece.

Then go to Delton and get a 16" M4 upper with chrome-lined 1/7 barrel and tac latch for about $475.

That will give you a reliable rifle for about $700, not sure you can do one much lower than that, but will give you a decent base if you ever want to start adding rails and what not to it.

You could also go to ar15.com and try to find a used lower or even a complete rifle, the decent priced ones are few and far between, but you can occasionally come across one.

Originally posted by Liberty06 View Post

I know it will not be up to snuff with high end stuff. But what about someone who doesn't have the Big $, and needs to a build on a very tight budget?

Comment

Originally posted by cooker2 View Post
                  depends on your budget .. I use an ATN ps22 HPT .. and it sit in front of my day optics , so I never have to worry about re-sighting in , and funky cheek weld .. I just shoot at night just as I would during the day ...

they make an entry level gen 2 around $1700 .. mine retailed like $3300 or so .. but you get what you pay for in NV ... so you got to figure out first what your budget is gonna be...

here's a pic of the gun with the NV attached .. it's a 9" SBR 300 blk with SAS Arbiter titanium .308 suppressor attached ... the video after the pic is the proof that it works as advertized...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYckvdFbbU"]YouTube - Texas night hog hunt[/ame]

Comment

i think youd be better off trying to wait out a CMMG bargain bin rifle for around 600 or find a Stag complete for around 715. heck a S&W is even decent for what you want.

go to gunbroker.com and look for "AR Rifle kits" avoid blackthorne like the plague, and the rest are most likely del-ton/ranger arms/model 1 quality. then get a lower and finish it all for around 650. the prices are so competitive now, that its better to just find a complete stag/rra and call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                      I'll say this, if you want a bare bones gun and your budget is less than 600 dollars. It is your only option, but expect to have a 600 dollar gun. For most it will be fine. An AR is better than no AR. That's my motto. But for 800 you can get a very nice rifle that will last 4-5 times longer.
                      $800 as in Spikes?

Comment

$800 as in Spikes?
                        Yes

Comment

spikes ST15 M4 is $799.....I would just go that route in a heartbeat

Comment

can you buy a multi cal lower and register it as an SBR, then put whatever upper you want on it?

since the lower is the registered firearm part of the gun?

i.e. 6" 9mm upper and a 9" 300BLK upper on the same lower (swapping them out)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                              can you buy a multi cal lower and register it as an SBR, then put whatever upper you want on it?

since the lower is the registered firearm part of the gun?

i.e. 6" 9mm upper and a 9" 300BLK upper on the same lower (swapping them out)
                              SBR receivers have no caliber or length restriction. You do need to mark what caliber on your form 1. I have 9mm, 5.56, and 22 on one and 458, 5.56, and 9mm denoted on another. You only need notify BATFE if you sell the originally built SBR caliber. Other than that, you can use any length upper and any caliber even if it is not denoted on your form 1.

Did that clear it up for you?

Comment

yuppers!

so I can go buy a stripped lower, go to my class 3 guy, fill out the ppwk, send in the $200 and after the stamp comes back....rock it out?

now in the mean time....can I use it as a REGULAR lower and put a REGULAR upper on it (while the ppwk is out)? As long as I don't have an SBR upper on it?

or once I fill out the ppwk, do I have to leave it at the dealer?

I don't have a lower yet, but there's a show coming up in a couple weeks...

Comment

Working...
                                X