Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I'm sure Travis will e along to call blasphemy but I didn't like the MBUS sights. Are you planning to put magnified optics on the rifle? If so, get the ACS. If not the CTR would be fine.
    Originally posted by Maddox View Post
    For the money they are good sights.

For a scoped rifle - ACS.

For a light-weight rifle with a red dot - CTR.
    Another question....

Buy a rail or stock first....

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
      Another question....

Buy a rail or stock first....

Thanks in advance!
      Do you need a rail? What are you going to put on it? If nothing, then get the stock first. Rails are "Tacticool" but most people don't put anything on them, just use them b/c they look cool.

Comment

Do you need a rail? What are you going to put on it? If nothing, then get the stock first. Rails are "Tacticool" but most people don't put anything on them, just use them b/c they look cool.
        Or you can opt for the magpul MOE handguard with an add on picatinny rail kit for the bottom for a light or VFG. however, all the cool kids point the barrel with their index finger instead of rotating their grip to the bottom. ergo i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          Or you can opt for the magpul MOE handguard with an add on picatinny rail kit for the bottom for a light or VFG.
          Ive gott he MOE handguard on three guns. Cheap and effective.

Comment

I plan to put a grip and light on the front. I'm new to the AR world!

I appreciate the info/insight on things...I'll post up a pic when I get it here and put together!

Comment

If this helps any I can get the ACS for $99 and CTR kit for $69.

I can get a Daniel Defense 7" with 3 TangoDown pmags rail for $220.
              Last edited by DorothyNotKeegan; 01-31-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Build for a compadre:

DD Receiver
                LMT enhanced BCG w/ standard bolt
                DD Lightwieght carbine bbl cut to 12.5
                Gunfighter CH w/ permatex
                PRI Rifle length Forearm (natural)
                Larue / Leupy mount
                Phantom can
                Attached Files

Comment

If this helps any I can get the ACS for $99 and CTR kit for $69.

I can get a Daniel Defense 7" with 3 TangoDown pmags rail for $220.
                  you drink white wine. i can't talk to you any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                    you drink white wine. i can't talk to you any longer.

What's your point?

Comment

Magpul CTR or ACS?

dont overlook the Vltor stocks. the Emod is a rocking piece of equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                        dont overlook the Vltor stocks. the Emod is a rocking piece of equipment.

http://www.vltor.com/modstocks.htm
                        Junk!

Magpul Back Ups are nice for the money. If you're on a budget buy Magpul, If you arent, buy Troy.

Bobby, I bought nothing but red dots for a long time but honestly now I'm moving to all 3-9 or 2-10 power scopes on my ar's. Try walking around your house with 3 power, you'll realize that it still works even in cqb, though I do have lasers on all my guns for cqb styles.

Everyone else knocked out the opinion on stocks. I run CTR's on 90% of my guns, even some of those with scopes. Though I'm looking at cutting weight on every single gun, that's why i do it generally.

Waiting on some 458 socom and I'll be ready to fire this baby up! I can stick my index finger in the end and sides of my muzzle brake!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                          Junk!
                          blah blah blah

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Thoughts on the new Kel-Tec KSG?

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Thoughts on the new Kel-Tec KSG?
                              I dig it! Leave it to Kel-Tec to bring a high capacity bullpup designed shotgun to the civilian market.

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X