Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

KJO Has anyone else had this Experince

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike is a great dude! #1 in my book

Comment

Oh yea! I was just up there the other day havin my bowfishin bow rigged. We been tryin to get out to Sids and stick some pigs but been way too busy.

Comment

Originally posted by radkejd View Post
        I'm new to hunting exotics in S Texas and to this forum, and I'm just a dumb hick kid from W Oklahoma so that may have something to do with it, but if you're going to post something on a forum shouldn't be close to the truth??

I'm the ram hunter that has been mentioned on this thread, and it's true I MISSED!! Not once, but twice on the same ram at 40 and 35 yards on the same hunt!!! an hour and a half between shots!! I sat the same amount of times as everyone else and I saw shooter animals everytime, but once... I just hadn't ponied up the extra $150 to shoot those deer...

I thought Keith was very up front telling us we were going to have to put in some time on stand because things were unusally green... He told me to just sit there and the animals would come, and guess what they did!!! Now it wasn't like I was cover with Gold Medal animals quatering away @ 20 yards, but the opportunities were there... at least for me!

and for another hunter who hit a Blackbuck in the head with his 2Blade Rage that he showed us in the back of the truck on the way back in to the bunk house... That was right after he had told Keith that everything he had seen was running too fast and too far away... This all seems really strange to me to bash the outfitter for things that were outside of his control, and not tell the whole story...

I understand being disappointed at not killing anything on a hunt, but isn't that a part of bowhunting?? the challenge? I mean if it's all about killing something and price isn't factor then grab your rifle, pay a rancher to open the barn door for ya, go to work!! But don't bash someone because the hunters could sit the stands, or you didn't get the perfect shot on a record Axis... just my 2cents, and I was there...

Thanks for "the other side of the story"

Comment

Ask the taxidermy dude, Tyler, in the back about hog hunts. He has a pretty sweet place to hog hunt down south. I went to his buddies place in victoria and shot 3 hogs. I bet I saw 100!

Comment

Yea Tylers cool too i guess. lol

Comment

wow, i just read this whole thread! 2 blade rage in the head?? that can't be good. i have to admit it's the first time i've read a negative report on KJO, and i agree that this is the purpose of this forum. as long as the facts are straight people should give their opinions on the places we pay to hunt so others know what to expect, good or bad. this one is a little crazy though.....

Comment

Same story Different day

I went to KJO last year. I had the same story. A very lame hunt with me and 2 very experienced hunters. We dropped $1500 and the only animal we saw was his tracking dog! I thought it was a moon phase or something... He told us it was bc of the drought, but I hunted other places during the drought and their traffic seemed higher than typical. He was very nice, but now I am wondering how many targets were actually available for me to hit that weekend?

Comment

I've never been to the ranch but I also appreciate the good and bad that I have read here. It seems to me that the guys posting their bad experience were sincere in their post and some only did so after carefully thinking it over. I cant see bashing them for their honest oppinion. Hunting ranches are no different than any other business, you can't please everyone all of the time, just do your best. If you please the majority of your customers then your doing something right but you will never please everyone and to think you can is foolish. I think the best way to handle a situation like this would have been to contact the ranch and discuss the problem with them first before posting anything but thats just me but I see no harm in someone spending their money and posting their thoughts good or bad, it's life. I also feel the Loyals to the ranch are not helping them by defending them in this manner, JMO let it go, everything that could possibly be said has been said.

Comment

Funny that the guys bashin are new users too.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                      Funny that the guys bashin are new users too.
                      Opnions are opinions regardless of when they signed up. I don't see how that matters. I appreciate them coming on here and telling of their experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG RED BOWHUNTER View Post
                        I was at KJO with 4 friends just prior to Muley's trip. His account of their hunt sounds very familiar. I can speak for everybody in our group because we discussed it at length after we left. We were all incredibly disappointed with our experience and will not return and would not recommend KJO to anybody. We hunted from Thursday evening to Sunday morning and if you were hunting for whitetails, goats or a donkey you were in business! I was ready to leave Saturday morning. The exotics and hogs were not coming to the feeders and it wasn't until after we had made 4 hunts that Keith decided we may need to do something else. Something else turned out to be giving us a folding chair and telling us to sit in the brush while he walked the fenceline on the off chance that one might run past us. Muley, I'm sorry you had the same experience but I'm not surprised. It was very apparent when we left that nothing was coming to the feeders, so for him to have you sit on the feeders wasn't a good plan. I'm also not surprised about the bashing that is going on. We all talked about posting something on TBH about our experience but decided not to because we knew we would get roasted for our comments and that is exactly what has happend to you. We all went away believing the animal count for the ranch was low. Yes it was wet and yes it was green but 5 hunters hunting as much as we did should see more on a 400 acre place that is under a high fence. We are all very experienced bow hunters with our own leases and all of us have been to day leases in the past, so we do have some idea on bowhunting and yes I do realize it's hunting! I was not going to post, but I couldn't stand to let a few people take the heat alone when we had the exact same experience. This forum is suppose to be about passing on information and experiences on day leases we all visit. We are not all going to have the same opinion but I'm glad you had the courage to post yours as we didn't until you did! This is not a bash on Keith as a person, he was a very nice guy, it is only a report on our experience at the ranch and our humble opinion.
                        He's not a new user and he had a similar experience

Comment

Your right k9. Sorry new guys. Didnt mean that because your new here just weird to me thats the comments right away. Anyway the only way to solve that weekend is this side of the story.
                          I'm new to hunting exotics in S Texas and to this forum, and I'm just a dumb hick kid from W Oklahoma so that may have something to do with it, but if you're going to post something on a forum shouldn't be close to the truth??

I'm the ram hunter that has been mentioned on this thread, and it's true I MISSED!! Not once, but twice on the same ram at 40 and 35 yards on the same hunt!!! an hour and a half between shots!! I sat the same amount of times as everyone else and I saw shooter animals everytime, but once... I just hadn't ponied up the extra $150 to shoot those deer...

I thought Keith was very up front telling us we were going to have to put in some time on stand because things were unusally green... He told me to just sit there and the animals would come, and guess what they did!!! Now it wasn't like I was cover with Gold Medal animals quatering away @ 20 yards, but the opportunities were there... at least for me!

and for another hunter who hit a Blackbuck in the head with his 2Blade Rage that he showed us in the back of the truck on the way back in to the bunk house... That was right after he had told Keith that everything he had seen was running too fast and too far away... This all seems really strange to me to bash the outfitter for things that were outside of his control, and not tell the whole story...

I understand being disappointed at not killing anything on a hunt, but isn't that a part of bowhunting?? the challenge? I mean if it's all about killing something and price isn't factor then grab your rifle, pay a rancher to open the barn door for ya, go to work!! But don't bash someone because the hunters could sit the stands, or you didn't get the perfect shot on a record Axis... just my 2cents, and I was there...

Comment

I get what you're saying Ant, sometimes guys come on here just to bash or talk trash but to me that just didn't seem the case. This year I am going to go on a few paid hunts and I want to hear good and bad about some of these places then I can form my own opinion off of what is said. Even if some stretch the truth you can usually see thru that

Comment

the guy never bashed keith for anything and that guy is not even on here. we are speaking about what we saw. if your referring to me as shooting at the blackbuck your lying, i never drew my bow. so before you go starting more lies thought i would correct that. its just typical of people making assumptions without knowing the facts radkejd.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                                I get what you're saying Ant, sometimes guys come on here just to bash or talk trash but to me that just didn't seem the case. This year I am going to go on a few paid hunts and I want to hear good and bad about some of these places then I can form my own opinion off of what is said. Even if some stretch the truth you can usually see thru that
                                Very well said brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X