X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son had 6 points in Youth GDE to draw Chap

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
      My son got drawn for gun either sex for Justin Hurst.

Never done this before--Going to need some advice!!
      This is our second year to apply for youth hunts, so we had 2 points according to what I saw.

Comment

At this rate, looks like I’ll be extending my Missouri hunt a few days and chasing Muleys up in north texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          my boys did powderhorn last january, i had a thread going if you want to look it up. it was an awesome hunt.
          just read your thread and a lot of good info in there. Sounds like you guys had a great hunt.

Comment

For anyone bummed about not drawing (specifically Hag), and are Pending 2nd Draw, don’t lose hope! I drew Hag, and as much as it kills me and depresses me, will likely not be able to accept the hunt. I had some family stuff come up (after I applied) that will take precedence over going on that hunt that weekend (nov 4). So unless something changes by the payment date (Sept 11), there should be at least one extra spot that will be available to be drawn.

So don’t give up just yet!

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
              I drew Keechi 10/14 - 10/23. Honestly hadn’t heard of it before I put in. Time to do some research. Interested in any info you have if you’re willing to share.
              Sqiggy has intel om Keechi Creek. I know he has been there several times.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                All right, guys. You're supposed to be posting your number of points before drawing so that those of us who didn't draw can at least chalk it up to not having enough.
                I Drew Private Lands- Antlerless/Spike (Gun) on Travis County Ranch in December. I had 4 Loyalty Points to draw this one. These cost $10.00 per applicant to enter, so maybe not as many people apply. I already accepted and they have sent me my Permit. These cost Zero Dollars to hunt so I consider this a Win-Win! My lucky streak continues! Come on Sept !5 and Nov 1 for the other Drawings!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  All right, guys. You're supposed to be posting your number of points before drawing so that those of us who didn't draw can at least chalk it up to not having enough.
                  drew Hag with 3 points

didn't draw:
                  pronghorn - 9
                  private lands pronghorn - 8
                  archery deer - 10
                  private lands either - 9
                  archery mule deer - 4

Comment

i drew hag with 4

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      year to year, thread to thread, your saltiness over this hunt never dissipates. strange.
                      Sure seems that way, doesn't it. It would be easier for him to just not reply.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                        My wife/son drew Youth GDE at ID Fairchild State Forrest.
                        My Daughter was in for that one but struck out with 3 LP's.

How many LP's did your kiddo have?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                          My Daughter was in for that one but struck out with 3 LP's.

How many LP's did your kiddo have?
                          He had 2 points in GDE and has 3 in GD Antlerless\Spike. Next season will be his last season as a "youth", so I'm trying to focus on properties with a good chance for getting picked. My wife has never participated in a draw hunt and really wanted to share such an experience with our boy, so I specifically picked this one for her because I thought the odds were pretty good. Luckily there are still more draws to come. Best of luck to you, I hope you get one!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                            Soooooo..... I get to see my 14 year old jump for joy when he gets home today!!

Chaparral GDE!
                            See ya there my daughter drew also

Comment

No dice for me on Rita Blanca Pronghorn (8 points).

Still awaiting the application deadline/draw for Gene Howe WMA (6 points), Guided Scimitar-Horn Oryx (6 points), and Matador WMA Mule Deer (1 point).

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Drew big lake bottom wma and James daughtrey wma on e- postcard. Anyone out there with experience at James daughtrey? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X