No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son got Pending Second Draw at Daughtery.

Comment

My buddy and I drew Granger Lake E-postcard for archery deer. Never hunted there. Should be interesting.
      Last edited by sdfrench; 09-02-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

My daughter drew Big Bend SP, took my son last year and had the time of our lives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wence View Post
          Congratulations Greg and best of luck to your son!
          Thanks! Been 6 years since he drew when we were at James D but hopefully this will have been worth the wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
            My son got drawn for gun either sex for Justin Hurst.

Never done this before--Going to need some advice!!
            A lot of deer in the unit. You get to pick a blind based on the order that your permits were drawn. Bring a lot of corn and you should see at least does and pings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
              Drew these dates as well. This will be year 5 out of 6 times entered
              Seems like a party out there in January lol. I better go sub to the Laguna thread and try to figure out a plan. I don't even know how to get there lol

Comment

Also draw Kerrville Schreiner Park. Let's see if I can find an axis for the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
                  A lot of deer in the unit. You get to pick a blind based on the order that your permits were drawn. Bring a lot of corn and you should see at least does and pings.
                  Thank you!

Do I need to be wearing orange also or just have him in orange?

Comment

I'm way more excited about this than anything I could have drawn... My son finally got drawn for a hunt after 4 years and about 50 hunt applications. And he drew GDE at Powderhorn in January.

Comment

Me, my son and four other buddies got segment C in the Hag. First time hunting with my son there, it’s gonna be awesome.

<——————- Both Hag bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                        I'm way more excited about this than anything I could have drawn... My son finally got drawn for a hunt after 4 years and about 50 hunt applications. And he drew GDE at Powderhorn in January.
                        That's awesome, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
                          Thank you!

Do I need to be wearing orange also or just have him in orange?
                          Yes, hunter orange is required. I have hunted the units south of the check station (don't remember the numbers) and the one north of the check station. Both had deer, nothing big several doe. Rut there is early September, and lots of mosquitos. Bring 2 thermacell

Comment

Congratulations! My son was drawn for that hunt as well.

Comment

That's gonna be a great one! We always ride down to try draw one the standby spots as we're only 30 minutes away! If you boys need anything while in the area, just give us a call!

Comment

my boys did powderhorn last january, i had a thread going if you want to look it up. it was an awesome hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X