No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up sticking a doe this afternoon. Finally some meat in the cooler. Took some maneuvering to finally get on the right travel path to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      How many people did they draw for this hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I think it’s 200 permits archery hunt at Laguna.
      Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
      Ended up sticking a doe this afternoon. Finally some meat in the cooler. Took some maneuvering to finally get on the right travel path to get it done.

Heck yea congrats

Comment

My group was also drawn for the 20th hunt. 2nd time at LA, first was a rifle hunt the year TPWD took over and I got hooked on the place. Can’t wait to get out there and gratz on the doe CaptTank!

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Originally posted by Odwraca View Post
          My group was also drawn for the 20th hunt. 2nd time at LA, first was a rifle hunt the year TPWD took over and I got hooked on the place. Can’t wait to get out there and gratz on the doe CaptTank!

Thanks. It’s another beautiful Mornin out here.
          Good luck on y’all’s hunt.

Comment

trying a new spot, waiting om some neil guys

Comment

The amount of pics in this thread is disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                The amount of pics in this thread is disappointing

Ease your mind, The A-Team is arriving soon[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

For the folks hunting, what type of check in / check out is required if anything? I still have not received my email on the hunt.

Comment

Probably won’t get it until the day of lol

Comment

I'm gonna send Sergio an email tomorrow.

Comment

I got the email the day before scouting day. Game checks are all online this year. Skinning rack and cooler are open for use.

Comment

Today was a tough day for us. My buddy shot a cow Nilgai right at shooting light. But while we were giving her time it rained, multiple showers. Washed away any blood that might might have been on the ground if any and also most of the blood from the arrow. He did get a clean pass through but he thinks his shot was a touch high. We waited several hours. Had another walk in at 9:00. He was apologetic when I stood up and let him know I was there as well as three other hunters and he said he would turn around and leave as quickly as possible and he did. We tracked the Nilgai for a good ways but the rain washed out even her tracks and we did not find her. Then in the afternoon my sons had another hunter come waking in on them at 5:45. He saw them both, waved and kept going then proceeded to walk around and scout the entire area they were in, during the last 30 minutes of the day! To make it worse this was my oldest son’s last day to hunt. We’ve been in the same area all three days so far and haven’t had any hunters come in on us like that until today. I really don’t understand why you would move around or scout at those times at all but at least the first guy apologized and left right away.

Comment

I noticed they cut the hunt days from 5 day hunts to 4 days- did anyone else pay attention to this?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                              I noticed they cut the hunt days from 5 day hunts to 4 days- did anyone else pay attention to this?

Huh? No, I didn’t? Mine is 12/4 - 12/8. When did they drop off a day? Are they goin got tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                                I'm not seeing the hunt cut down to 4 days. Dates should not have changed, especially last minute. I'll need to see some actual literature before I believe that.
                                I paid for a permit for a 5 day hunt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X