Way to go! Hope to hear the details!

Comment

Did that bull have an ear tag?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post

Good catch. I totally missed that!

Comment

What LED lights are y’all running for a headlight on your bike? Looking for the brightest and a light that has a good beam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Actually it had double ear tags. Sarg said the Kelberg wildlife institute tagged some on the ranch next door. When I Brought him in so the cape could be treated everyone there went crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                  Actually it had double ear tags. Sarg said the Kelberg wildlife institute tagged some on the ranch next door. When I Brought him in so the cape could be treated everyone there went crazy.

That’s awesome, congrats on a successful hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                    What LED lights are y’all running for a headlight on your bike? Looking for the brightest and a light that has a good beam!

I didn’t like the limited rechargeable options I found for bike specific lights. I wanted something I can carry extra batteries for in case it dies. So I went with an “OLIGHT FB-1 Universal Flashlight Bike Mount” $10.95 on Amazon. It allows me to use LED flashlights I already have and simply take them on and off if I need it for something else. I’ve already used it on a few hunts this year and it holds tight despite rough gravel roads and pot holes.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post

I use this one on my bike and for hunting. 600 lumens and its USB rechargeable. Its a quality built light that has different brightness modes along with a long battery life and it has lasted me years. https://www.serfas.com/shop/products...605-headlight/

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post

That’s awesome! Like shooting a giant banded goose!!! Going to look awesome on the mount!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                          That’s awesome! Like shooting a giant banded goose!!! Going to look awesome on the mount!
                          that what i thought also, I'm going to call CKWRI today to see if i can get some info from them. when i walked up and saw the tags i didn't want to take them out incase it was some government stuff. They did tell me there was one cow in the area with a radio collar on as well.

Comment

Yall see a lot out there?

Comment

I spoke to an employee of the refuge yesterday and he told me a couple of interesting points. Unit six is only closed for the third and fourth hunts. And the harvest check-in process will be completely different this year, said it will be digital through your smartphone or you can call it in. He also said they’re trying to wrap up the email that will have all of the important info for the hunts and get it out to us soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                                I spoke to an employee of the refuge yesterday and he told me a couple of interesting points. Unit six is only closed for the third and fourth hunts. And the harvest check-in process will be completely different this year, said it will be digital through your smartphone or you can call it in. He also said they’re trying to wrap up the email that will have all of the important info for the hunts and get it out to us soon.

Unless they've lifted the restrictions on transporting untreated capes/hides, I doubt the check in process will be entirely digital. I still expect game will need be checked in and the skinning rack/walk in cooler should still be available for the public use, or at least it should be.

I can add that orientation will be different

Comment

Working...
                                X