Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0/9 8 being pending, one not selected

Comment

Well shoot. I won the hunt I wanted (Pat Mayse). I’ll probably not go on the Lake Whitney SP hunt now. They require a Muzzleloader.

Comment

0-20 GDE today
        0-7 GDM today

Sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
          Email sent right after drawing; otherwise check status for pending 2nd draw news.

Just got selected for Balcones Canyonlands General Deer and this morning learned that a nephew is getting married the same weekend. just my luck; I really hate making family mad... Reality, this will probably be one I have to pass. Too bad there are no standbys on this one!
          UPDATE: Drawn for GDE @ Guadeloupe River SP - 10 preference points gone Kinda looking forward to this one. Hunted there a couple times before with no success but the potential is always there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
            0-20 GDE today
            0-7 GDM today

Sucks!
            how many point you have?

Comment

Not selected for GDE. That was probably the last hunt I had a real shot on drawing. Maybe I'll find some more to apply for.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                Man straight up not selected status at mineral wells.
                Why do they do that sometimes instead of pending 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  Why do they do that sometimes instead of pending 2nd?
                  I have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                    Not to be a **** but I don’t know why standbys would have anything to do with no second draw.
                    correct,

Comment

I can tell you its not because everyone has already accepted their permit. One of he kids got selected Fairfield and one went staight to not selected and I had not accepted the selected permit yet. Only thing I can figure is not everyone goes into the 2nd draw bin, just a smaller group gets in that bin. Curious if just higher points holders get a chance at 2nd draw.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 09-16-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Two categories I have pending second I only have one point. The other I have 5 points.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                          So .....Has anyone ever been drawn when it says pending 2nd draw? I don't know of anyone who has.
                          I was drawn at the chap of all places in the second draw for an archery hunt. maybe 6 years ago or so.

This year i struck out on everything. Didn't even get my doe permit for the Sam. Haven't drawn it last few times I tried as well. Really wish we had to pay to apply for that one as well. lots of folks apply/win that one that never hunt the place. Im a little bitter, that used to be a for sure gimme tag lol

congrats to the winners. gonna be some great hunts put on by tpwd this year
                          Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 09-16-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

0 for 12 so far. Still have Mule Deer and Bighorn out. Not looking good, but atleast the points went up. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                              Email sent right after drawing; otherwise check status for pending 2nd draw news.

Just got selected for Balcones Canyonlands General Deer and this morning learned that a nephew is getting married the same weekend. just my luck; I really hate making family mad... Reality, this will probably be one I have to pass. Too bad there are no standbys on this one!

If you don’t pay for the permit by the deadline then they do a second drawing for it. Sooooo maybe I’ll get picked. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                how many point you have?
                                0-20 GDE 3 pts
                                0-7 GDM 2 pts

Add to that
                                0-1 anterless 10 pts
                                0-1 gator 3 pts
                                0-1 archery deer 7 pts
                                0-1 archery mule deer 2 pts
                                0-4 exotic 16 pts