No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anterless/spike put all 10 of my points in one basket at South Llano.

Needless to say I didn’t get drawn.

I’ve only got 2 points for management since I was drawn two years ago. Didn’t get picked this time.

Comment

So .....Has anyone ever been drawn when it says pending 2nd draw? I don't know of anyone who has.

Comment

I just won Mason Mountain GDM with 7 points. Any tips? Bucks only, 5 points or less.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
          So .....Has anyone ever been drawn when it says pending 2nd draw? I don't know of anyone who has.
          Not me. The odds are slim. But yes it does happen.

Comment

I won Matador antlerless 2 years ago on a second draw.

Comment

There's been a couple on this thread and others. I never have but it is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                I won Matador antlerless 2 years ago on a second draw.
                So there is a little chance left. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                  I just won Mason Mountain GDM with 7 points. Any tips? Bucks only, 5 points or less.
                  Call them and book free lodging. There's no telling what compartment you'll get, but we hunted directly behind the lodge last year for youth spike/doe. I picked up several bags of https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/wil...dCatid=1207704 and they came out of the wood works. We only hunted one evening. We saw 12 deer and a Gemsbok from their box blind and my son killed a spike.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 09-16-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

My son drew Balcones Canyonlands last year on 2nd Draw.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Goodness gracious. You are on some kind of roll. So which hunt are you deciding on?
                      i had 15 points in GDM, but I will go on the archery hunt at Chap instead of GDM at Daughtry.

Be interesting to hunt Laguna Atascosa both Archery & rifle this year.

Comment

My daughter won a second draw youth hunt last uear

Comment

My youngest son drew the doe/spike hunt at Chapparal and James Daughtrey for the same weekend. Awesome he drew but hate it is the same weekend as we obviously cannot do both.

For those that have been to either of those before, any recommendations on which one to pick. Looks like last year Daughtrey had higher success.

Comment

I won Lake Whitney in January. 3 total wins so far

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              As far as hunting goes get off the road and clearings in to the thick stuff. I was there for nilgai but saw deer in the brush.

I also walked right next to a huge rattlesnake and had to yank my drawers down mid hunt because a tick was trying to crawl into my manhood. Yes, it is as terrifying as it sounds. Snake boots and permethrin aren't a bad idea.
                              Seems like I am allowed 1 buck and doe or 2 does, exotic and unlimited hogs

Comment

drew antlerless at Gus Engeling WMA, 2nd year in a row drawing a hunt so looking like a long dry spell in my future

Comment

Working...
                                X